corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private plate question
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 13 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick one guys...

My wife got me a plate last November which I had on my VRS until around April. It's been taken off and been on retention since with all the fees paid ready to go on another car. It says on my retention document that as long as it's back on a car again by April 2014 I'm okay.

Now she got an email yesterday from reg transfers saying the Certificate of entitlement is due to expire and needs extending for £55 inc VAT or we will lose the plate why are they even contacting us?

What the fucks this like? We already paid for the plate... and paid to retain it... now we have to pay AGAIN even though we own it??? Seriously pissed if that's the case as it's only a cheap plate.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Nov 13 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reg Transfers trying it on.

Not surprised they want free money out of you, if they have your details it may be because you've already paid too much for something you could have bought from the DVLA for less?
kennySRi

2nd Nov 13 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like an error or a con to me. You are fine until next year and then have to pay dvla £25 to hold it for another year on retention.
Ben G

2nd Nov 13 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you needed to pay up, you'd get a letter through your door, not an email from modeke yebden.
Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 13 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay it just to be safe IMHO
CORSA NUT

3rd Nov 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads thought it must be bullshit. The wife was flapping that's all.

Paid £280 all in for it and DVLA was £300.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate question 23 database queries in 0.0111499 seconds