corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ideas lads dropped a bollock

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ideas lads dropped a bollock
P1NKY

User status: Offline
14th Nov 13 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Argh broke the golden rule mucked about with my commuter on a week night. Cars a 1400 sport. Fitted a factory air box now it doesn't seem to want to rev as easily and I mean in a normal manner it's flat like a 3pot 1liter and ideas? then fitted my coilovers I'm encountering a problem where I've pulled the hubs out to give the maximum positive camber possible and it still catches the tyre and have crazy amounts of toe out... come on lads give me a nudge in the right direction worked on cars for years even in garages and as it's 11pm I'm too mardy to think straight what needs doing?
AlexW

14th Nov 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check intake for blockages

Coilovers, I guess you need spacers, and toe will be well out due to the camber being very different.
Andrew

14th Nov 13 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, at this stage in your position, i'd be phoning in sick tomorrow morning.
P1NKY

14th Nov 13 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seems strange that coilovers catch on the tyre even at maximum positive camber. Luckily I have a defender as well although it's going to run me 25quid for the daily commute instead of a tenner
Root

14th Nov 13 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With regards to the intake, I would say that the ECU has adjusted itself for your old setup.

I've ran cars with all kinds of air intake systems, even without any whatsoever at some points in my careless life and I've never had a problem with the performance of the cars. I'd suggest that you do some basic things like cleaning the throttle inlet, maybe the breather pipes and leave the battery disconnected for over an hour to reset the ECU and hopefully solve the problem you're having. Good luck. Not got a clue about the suspension setup or whatever, sorry.
MatthewR

15th Nov 13 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant u just put it back to standard?
P1NKY

15th Nov 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@MatthewR

Yes but im sure I have done something to the fundamental geometry, and one day to work in the landys ok and reset it u tomorrow morning.

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

15th Nov 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some coilovers just won't fit without spacers or lower offset wheels. Is it lower on the coilovers than it was before? Usually lowering would cause it to toe in, although if you got much of a change to the camber, without much difference in ride height, that would cause it to toe out.
P1NKY

15th Nov 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theyre et 37 though??? Its only fractionally lower tbh confused to buggary whats going on going to have a much about tomorrow
CorsAsh

16th Nov 13 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need negative camber. I imagine most cars will rub if you put massive positive camber on there.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Nov 13 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The suspension catches the tyre?

You typically can't bring the inside of the wheel in if you want the spring seat to be below the top of the tyre.

Low offset should help you out as it'll put the wheel out further. But if you have wide wheels, you're going to need it that much further out if you also want it low.

If there's a helper spring, remove that. If not, camber is not the answer.

[Edited on 16-11-2013 by Ian]
stan_the_man

16th Nov 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Intake - just remove it for the time being.

Coilovers - Had the same thing happen to me. The spring cup/adjuster catches the tyre. Either raise the adjuster up so it clears the tyre or fit spacers. Obviously changing the ride height will affect the toe in/out so that needs checked and adjusted with appropriate equipment.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ideas lads dropped a bollock 23 database queries in 0.0104980 seconds