corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not good to have on your head

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not good to have on your head
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
21st Nov 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in work yesterday afternoon and felt something tickling the top of my left ear, slapped the side of my head and this wee bastard fell down on top of the fan I was working on

It is was about the size of a 1p coin, I thought it looked like one of those false widow spiders and a quick Google kind of confirms for me, what do people think? I'm thinking it'll be an interesting thing to tell people, faced this shit and just brushed the cunt off
Lee_fr200

21st Nov 13 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that id have screamed like girl then sworn at it as i killed it
Steve
Premium Member

21st Nov 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like one although there are several types only one are venomous and then only the females bite
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st Nov 13 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like one to me.
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st Nov 13 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Looks like one although there are several types only one are venomous and then only the females bite

all spiders are venomous, just some are not potent enough to do anything to humans.
Ben G

22nd Nov 13 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it absolutely amazing that every spider someone finds nowadays is a false widow. Even more amazing is how people only found them after the media made a big deal about them.

Very odd.
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 07:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I find it absolutely amazing that every spider someone finds nowadays is a false widow. Even more amazing is how people only found them after the media made a big deal about them.

Very odd.

+1
alan-g-w

22nd Nov 13 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you read the news stories you're talking about or just comment on them blindly? If you read them you'll realise that the whole point in the media making a big deal is the fact that they're only just starting to appear because the country's 'getting warmer' so what you're saying is a bit ironic
K2 GTi

22nd Nov 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usd to catch these when I was about 7.. they've been out since I was born atleast, but thanks to facebook every spider is now a false widdow
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Nov 13 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Do you read the news stories you're talking about or just comment on them blindly? If you read them you'll realise that the whole point in the media making a big deal is the fact that they're only just starting to appear because the country's 'getting warmer' so what you're saying is a bit ironic

Not true they have been active and common in the country for 150 years.

They are starting to get a bit further north in recent years because of warmer weather
alan-g-w

22nd Nov 13 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well googled Bill Oddie, I'm not disputing how long they've been active in Britain, just quoting the media.
Cavey

22nd Nov 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even then, the deaths were based on allergic reactions I believe, instead of the venom
Ben G

22nd Nov 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

Not true they have been active and common in the country for 150 years.

They are starting to get a bit further north in recent years because of warmer weather

So basically these hard bastard northerners are actually soft fairies like us down south?
fred7

23rd Nov 13 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
fuck that id have screamed like girl then sworn at it as i killed it

Lol that sounds like me as well hate spiders!! 1p or the size of ya hand i dont give a shit!!
Lee_fr200

23rd Nov 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same for me hate them with a passion we get big fuckers in our house that even when u hit them with a shoe they dont bloody die
Generation

23rd Nov 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Very odd.

Ronson

28th Nov 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup that is definitely a false widow.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Not good to have on your head 23 database queries in 0.0161490 seconds