corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looking to buy a low mileage Corsa sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking to buy a low mileage Corsa sport
Lisagmsport

User status: Offline
6th Dec 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there..
I am looking to buy a low mileage Corsa sport..
Must have really low miles and be in extremely clean condition!!
If you have one or know of one for sale please get in contact..
Thank you..
Ps I was going to post this in wanted section but haven't got enough posts as I've just joined!!
Thanks again..
boomtings1

7th Dec 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking ages, i settled for a gls 1.4 16v cheaper insurance aswell.
Jed D

8th Dec 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why does it have to have low miles? seen some low miler's that are like tea bags and some high milers is good condition... dont let miles put you off, just check the car over well
chrisr195

8th Dec 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it depends on how it been treated. But I no what he on about. Generally high milers are going to more worn and harder to sell on. Especially when getting towqrds 100k
Generation

8th Dec 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lower miles USUALLY means less stuff going wrong, less battered panels and enteral better condition aswell and nicer interior
fred7

8th Dec 13 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats low mileage mean anyway? 100k for a diesel isnt bad 100k for a 16v still isnt to bad. History is surely better than low miles? I just got a 1.25 fiesta 2000 with 48k genuine as well and the bodywork is rotten and interior isnt great!
Generation

8th Dec 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It means it has low miles.

Everybody knows what the OP means, just being pedantic.

chrisr195

8th Dec 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the fiesta spent some of its life near the sea. Ideally you want a low mileage car that has been looked after. Tho quite rare these days from what ive seen
fred7

8th Dec 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
It means it has low miles.

Everybody knows what the OP means, just being pedantic.

Not at all i was asking a question but forgot cant do that on here anymore. Theres hundreds of cars on here ebay etc claiming to be low miles but low miles on a 2000 plate car on less than average miles a year is 110000.
And for the fiesta spent its whole life with 1 owner in the middle of scotland so pretty shit weather

[Edited on 08-12-2013 by fred7]
fred7

8th Dec 13 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also here is a 1.4 sport http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-REG-VAUXHALL-CORSA-1-4-16v-SPORT-ONLY-69000-MILE-MOT-AND-TAX-HISTORY-/291027455137?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43c2968ca1

And heres a 1.6 sport as didnt state which http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-VAUXHALL-CORSA-SPORT-1-6I-SILVER-/151180307445?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23330c6bf5
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 06:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That silver one is pretty nice.
Lisagmsport

9th Dec 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys thanks for all the replys..
I'm still looking..
Would rather the car be as near to standard as pos/not with painted wheel arches as your going into more money putting these rite..
If you come across one please don't hesitate to get in contact..
Thank you..
BenC1985

9th Dec 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You missed out on my old black 1.4 sport a few months ago. Sold it with 37k on it full service history and was completly mint. Wasent standard but not far off.
JordyCarter

9th Dec 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can see his issue about the miles. Engine and everything aside the whole car in theory will have done more miles. Bodywork, seats steering wheel all will show
garethestate

12th Dec 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather buy one with high miles but looked after than a low milage one that's been ragged to death and has never had anything replaced. When I bought my mk2 astra sri it was only on 47k with one lady owner. She`d NEVER had the oil or plugs changed. Every single part was the original one.She didn't like garages so after buying it had never taken it back for its services ect and luckily it had never broken down.
The oil was like tar and the plugs and leads falling apart.
All she`d ever needed to do was top the oil up once and keep filling the screen wash up.
Jambo

12th Dec 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody said high mile cars are crap, they are saying the truth. Lower mileage cars tend to be in better condition.

That does not mean there arent dogs, but looking for a mint low miler is easier than looking for a mint high miler. Plus the value will hold better with a low miler one, so it makes more sense all round.
Generation

12th Dec 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly.

Key word there is "tend"
garethestate

12th Dec 13 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I agree with you BUT id rather get the idea of ONLY looking/getting a low miler out my head and just look at them all. And go on actual condition and service history ect.
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's scrubby interiors on 100k milers which gets me, would always prefer something under 50k myself - but I've seen plenty of 30-40k dogs.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
tom130691
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the subject of low milage some one buy me this to reshell mine

genuinely quite tempted to go buy this then rebuild the corsa with the other engine

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201312040334026/sort/default/usedcars/make/vauxhall/price-to/1000/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l/maximum-age/over_10_years_old/page/2/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/postcode/nn114ty/transmission/manual/model/corsa/quantity-of-doors/3?logcode=p
Jason x
Premium Member

12th Dec 13 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

genuinely quite tempted to go buy this then rebuild the corsa with the other engine

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201312040334026/sort/default/usedcars/make/vauxhall/price-to/1000/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l/maximum-age/over_10_years_old/page/2/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/postcode/nn114ty/transmission/manual/model/corsa/quantity-of-doors/3?logcode=p

please dont
tom130691
Premium Member

13th Dec 13 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaBM8
quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

please dont

Why?

need a solid shell and idealy an 8v

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looking to buy a low mileage Corsa sport 24 database queries in 0.0145910 seconds