corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » black plastic painted bumpers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black plastic painted bumpers
Root

User status: Offline
15th Dec 13 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, I have a corsa with the black crappy bumpers, I think I've seen pictures before of cars with these kind of bumpers painted gloss black (as well as the arches) and iirc it looks pretty good.

I could of course just get it all colour coded but from what I remember, it looks pretty nice.
Anyone done this, does the paint peel easily if done by a pro?

What I'm mostly asking, is does anyone have any pictures and what are your opinions on having gloss black bumpers/arches/door handles/boot surround/roof rails instead of colour coding them all? Cheers
Generation

15th Dec 13 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics of car?

No it doesn't peel if done properly, completely up to you really. Both can look nice
Root

15th Dec 13 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Pics of car?

No it doesn't peel if done properly, completely up to you really. Both can look nice

Yeah I'm looking for pictures of other people's cars that have done it before.

I have a star silver B and I've already began my colour theme, silver and black. Got smoked indicators and sprayed the steelies gloss black so I figure if I continue the theme with gloss black bumpers/arches, some MHWs on the back, some 50% tints all round, smoked depos on the front, then finally get some nice alloys in black, it should look nice in the end.

Hopefully, I'll finally get to make it to PVS next year. I say, after 6 years of owning 5 different corsas and one astra.
Root

15th Dec 13 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any pics of decent silver/black themed corsas either? Trying to justify spending the money to the missus. cheers
IainL

16th Dec 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm interested in this too, but have seen some sort of pearlescent smoke grey colour applied to the plastic bits. Sick of having to apply bumper black to the parts!
Christopher

16th Dec 13 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few people have done it,

This was vegas phils on his old nautilus blue b
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=321176&page=1

Dans got black bumper tops and arches and skirts
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=557999

Another b with anthra tops and arches

In all honesty if your going silver and black dont over do it! Personally i would say avoid tints as i hate them and it will be too much black
Christopher

16th Dec 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brods aswell in project thread atm, gloss black with a sort of glitter flake in it looked fantastic

Toby
Premium Member

16th Dec 13 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kurt's old white one had black abs bumpers that were blackened (somehow) but not paired and that was a great looking car.
Root

16th Dec 13 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry, tints will be 50% all around at most. I've had 100% rears before and although I liked them, I have to admit that 50% all around looks so much better.
Ricky352

17th Dec 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my black bits painted and had no issues with the paint coming off or anything. My car was red though.
krazeddd

23rd Dec 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did mine on the weekend, completely standard corsa like
Here is before:

And after

New Poll