corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New TT Dash

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New TT Dash
mwg

User status: Offline
9th Jan 14 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
getting a bit annoyed with cars turning into computers on wheels

dont get me wrong, looks pretty an all but i just see it as something else thats expensive when it eventually fails

I agree in terms of the cost to replace that when it does go wrong once it's outside of warranty
Dom

9th Jan 14 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Tesla have started it off already, looks fantastic.

Have always said, the Tesla dash and console is stupidly Just surprised it's taken this long for other manufacturers to take notice....

RichR
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

dont get me wrong, looks pretty an all but i just see it as something else thats expensive when it eventually fails

I agree in terms of the cost to replace that when it does go wrong once it's outside of warranty

Other issue being that potentially a clock failure would put the car into safe mode and not allow you to start it assuming its all canbus or similar.
Rob E

9th Jan 14 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Range Rover has had an LCD dash since about 2010. Its an excellent bit of kit. Hoping to get my hands on Audi's latest attempt soon. We had a pre-production 2014 mercedes s-class to look at before Xmas and the dashboard LCD in that is humongous and very feature rich. If anyone gets a chance to sit in one then I highly recommend it. The cabin is a stunning piece of engineering!
Daimo B

9th Jan 14 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Telsa looks awful though, it doesn't go together. Some leather, some wood, and a great big sideways screen. The screen is toooo big, its just too much.

Dash based systems are better I think, it also de-clutters the dash. Depends if you like lots of buttons or whether you prefer the clearer clean look.
Dom

9th Jan 14 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
That Telsa looks awful though, it doesn't go together. Some leather, some wood, and a great big sideways screen. The screen is toooo big, its just too much.

Granted, i'm not convinced with that combination but it does look it other configurations -

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Dash based systems are better I think, it also de-clutters the dash. Depends if you like lots of buttons or whether you prefer the clearer clean look.

Dashboard's and console will all go down the route (didn't Lambo do something similar as well?) of touchscreen displays as it offers a lot more options to static configurations.
Jambo

9th Jan 14 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
The Range Rover has had an LCD dash since about 2010. Its an excellent bit of kit. Hoping to get my hands on Audi's latest attempt soon. We had a pre-production 2014 mercedes s-class to look at before Xmas and the dashboard LCD in that is humongous and very feature rich. If anyone gets a chance to sit in one then I highly recommend it. The cabin is a stunning piece of engineering!

That car is unfucking believable. I am itching to get to Geneva to see it.

The previous Gen had twin ones, was very good, As stated in my other post, surprised they didn't do this first!
ed

9th Jan 14 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Other issue being that potentially a clock failure would put the car into safe mode and not allow you to start it assuming its all canbus or similar.

A clock failure has been enough to kill a car for a while now - it seems to be the norm for the immobiliser to sync in with the dash.
Sunz

9th Jan 14 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it looks bland.
ed

9th Jan 14 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The previous Gen had twin ones, was very good, As stated in my other post, surprised they didn't do this first!

Are you going to Geneva? Take plenty of pics of the Rolls-Royce's for me
Rob E

9th Jan 14 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:

Are you going to Geneva? Take plenty of pics of the Rolls-Royce's for me

If you get chance, look at the onboard telephone - its like something out of the starship enterprise very very cool! Look at the speaker grilles in the door too, they are a piece of artwork in themselves.
Jambo

9th Jan 14 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup off for the 4th-5th.

It's physically exhausting work, when I need to take a breather to do some checklists etc I usually try and time it with the Merc stand so I sit in the back of an Sclass recline the seats and sit in the remarkable silence of the well insulated cabin and pretend I earn the big bucks properly comfortable too, really sorts me out

Then I get out and nurse a chubby over the G-Wagens
Jambo

9th Jan 14 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will endeavour to get some photos Ed, and will deffo check out the Sclass telephone!
*CorsaCal*

9th Jan 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On that first picture how the fook would you know how fast u where goin. Such a shit idea. I like lcd clocks but the closcks n sat nav should be seperate without doubt.
John

9th Jan 14 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from the massive speedo?
Jambo

9th Jan 14 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
Ben G

10th Jan 14 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus christ. Retard alert in here.
ed

10th Jan 14 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I will endeavour to get some photos Ed, and will deffo check out the Sclass telephone!

Yey

Tempted to try and get out there myself, will just have to see if the stars align.
ed

10th Jan 14 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Tesla have started it off already, looks fantastic.

Have always said, the Tesla dash and console is stupidly Just surprised it's taken this long for other manufacturers to take notice....

The problem I've got with dashes like this is the age old argument of tactile feedback - you can generally adjust a heating dial without looking at it too much, but what if everything feels the same?

I've never used anything like this before, so it might be ok once you've learned it. But looking in other environments which use 'glass' such as aircraft, they always use soft keys at the edge of a display rather than touch screens.
A2H GO

10th Jan 14 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To adjust any controls you should just be able to talk to it. I guess we'll see this more when we start to see cars with Siri integration this year and as a results of Googles deal with a number of manufacturers.
Rob E

10th Jan 14 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yup off for the 4th-5th.

It's physically exhausting work, when I need to take a breather to do some checklists etc I usually try and time it with the Merc stand so I sit in the back of an Sclass recline the seats and sit in the remarkable silence of the well insulated cabin and pretend I earn the big bucks properly comfortable too, really sorts me out

Then I get out and nurse a chubby over the G-Wagens [/quote

Go sit in a Bentley Flying Spur, the seats are air conditioned and have a massage function
tom130691
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The Range Rover has had an LCD dash since about 2010. Its an excellent bit of kit.

found it weird when i was driving one though

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New TT Dash 23 database queries in 0.0145750 seconds