corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Private Plate -> Freshly Imported Skyline

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Private Plate -> Freshly Imported Skyline
dragon2309

User status: Offline
30th Jan 14 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll probably end up just ringing the DVLA as their forms and information don't contain enough clarification for what I want to know. But figured I could ask on here first.

I have recieved my V750 (Certificate of Entitlement for the reg). I will be wanting to put the reg straight onto my skyline when it gets here from Japan. The car will of course be un-registered in the UK at that point. Section 1 of the V750 gives the option to assignt he reg to either "a registered car" or "an unregistered car". Simple enough, tick unregistered. It then asks for the reg of the car that it's going onto... Hang on... It's unregistered, lol. I want the private reg to be the first plate it has in the UK.

So I read into it a bit more, and in the Guidance notes on the back of the V750 it says that if I'm assigning it to an unregsitered car, I need to send the V750 to the DVLA, along with a completed V55 (Request to regsiter and tax a new vehicle), the payment for the tax, a valid MOT certificate for the car, and a valid insurance certificate for the car.

How am I meant to get an insurance certificate for an unregistered car without a plate assigned to it? Why would it even need to be insured? It cant be driven on the roads as it has no fecking plate, lmao. Same goes for MOT, how is that going to happen, the car wont exist on any computer systems/paperwork inside the UK at the time of sending all of this off.

Has anyone done this before? Can offer any advice?

The plate is not on retention, its newly purchased, so is within the first year of application time, when it can be assigned to any suitable vehicle.

Dave
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Jan 14 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can MOT and insure a car on the VIN, just not many places will have done it.

Any reason why you don't want to register normally and then assign your plate? Its no more expensive and easier for the above reasons.

Also - did you sort the date issue?
dragon2309

31st Jan 14 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Ian,

Date issue was resolved by sticking to models after August 97, no real way around that, and I wanted the palte so.. Lol

Main reason I didnt want to register it normall and then change paltes was the extra steps and hassle doing it, and also it showing up as having a plate change. I know theres nothing wrong with that but it jsut seemed nice to me for it to hit the UK, and immediately go onto its fancy plate.

I'm using TorqueGT down in devon to import it, and they're not exactly amateurs at the importing game, been doing it for over years. One of the biggest importers in the south of the UK etc..

I wasn't aware I could insure via VIN actually. TorqueGT are sorting the MOT so I'd guess they were planning to do that via VIN anyway. It'll be insured by SkyInsurance, Underwritten by Chaucer. Don't suppose you happen to know if they will insure it via the VIN number?

Thanks Ian,

Dave
micra_pete
Premium Member

31st Jan 14 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly off thread, but have you had a quote direct from Chaucer rather than through Sky, i did and it was dramatically cheaper.
dragon2309

31st Jan 14 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't no. But being honest, I was astonished at how cheap it was for me (based on quotes ove done for other things) I havent sat and thought that I wish it could be cheaper. How much was the difference between your quotes?
Welsh Dan

31st Jan 14 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I insured my RX7 with Adrian Flux on the VIN number for about two weeks.
dragon2309

1st Feb 14 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd never use Adrian Flux again tbh, but thankyou for the information, and proof that insurers do and can use the VIN number.
SXI - Matt

1st Feb 14 at 04:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More to the point pictures of said skyline?!
dragon2309

1st Feb 14 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent bought one yet, still getting sent the auctions from japan, none of them have met all the requirements yet.
Welsh Dan

2nd Feb 14 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dragon2309
I'd never use Adrian Flux again tbh, but thankyou for the information, and proof that insurers do and can use the VIN number.

A few people have said that, but on the two occasions I've needed to claim, I was with Adrian Flux and they were decent to deal with. They're always there as a last resort.
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Feb 14 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing you have to do when you build a kit car and want to insure it to drive to IVA test

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Private Plate -> Freshly Imported Skyline 24 database queries in 0.0114162 seconds