corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of selling Clio RS200 and getting something cheaper ...thoughts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking of selling Clio RS200 and getting something cheaper ...thoughts?
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
1st Feb 14 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Im think of selling this - 2010 model, 36k miles, its in good condition....issues are ripped bolster on the drivers recaro, tiny scratch on drivers door where bike pranged me and a gash on back bumper where I didnt spot a bollard.... I am hoping to get these sorted before selling it anyway. Other than that its as new. Alloys are not perfect but they are ok - cr is now out of warranty

So local dealers will offer me £7k. They would sell it at £8.6k and private sales seem to be going for between £7.5-8.5k.

Basically I am not doing many miles these days and when I am it is mainly going away and stuff - so I am thinking of buying something a bit bigger and more practical.

Ideally I would like to sell this for £7.5k-8k and go out and buy second hand for around £3-5k ...bank some money for repairs and general savings.

My initial thoughts of cars in the £3-5k price range was audis, bmws, vws .... I would like something with a boot, something that is fairly solid for a large amount of miles - but also something pretty fun to drive. Insurance is not an issue. Good efficiency would be nice but its not the be all and end all.

I like the idea of selling it, banking some savings and getting something different.....Any thoughts? What would you do?

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by Dr Pepper]
antnee

1st Feb 14 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

320D M sport?
Dr Pepper

1st Feb 14 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
320D M sport?

I am worried about rear wheel drive though, its not like we are having great winters currently - I have always wanted a BMW though - lovely looking cars

Im kind of finding it hard to look past imprezas at the moment ...they seem to tick lots of boxes for me, I had a bit of a thing about them when I was younger too - always wanted one.

Anyone point me in the direction of what Impreza versions are the most solid - Obviously its going to be a mind field looking for a well looked after one

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by Dr Pepper]
Ben G

1st Feb 14 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously don't know why people shit themselves over RWD. My car was more capable than the fwd focus the last time we had snow.

Lovely clio btw. Would love that.
Ian W

1st Feb 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving a rear wheel drive car is no different day to day than driving a front wheel drive.

I jump between the two regularly and if your not driving like a tit you wouldn't know.
big eck

1st Feb 14 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk1 LCR. Very practical, quick in standard trim and a remap makes them very quick but still very reliable. One of the best lookin 5dr cars out the wrapper IMO. Very well specced, brembo brakes, recaros etc. Brilliant BAM engine and 6sp box.
taylorboosh

1st Feb 14 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id keep the clio, its fucking lush
Ojc

1st Feb 14 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust me keep the Clio.

Only thing I can think of I'd replace my 197 for would be a storm grey 200.

And if you aren't doing many miles then clio can't be costing you too much.

I took mine for a drive today, it's the most rewarding car to drive I've ever owned.

Keep it.
Ojc

1st Feb 14 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/renaultsport-clio/renault-clio-200-turbo--megane-225-engine-conversion-x85-renaultsport---------------2011/2022759
Ben G

1st Feb 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose it gives off a chav image.
Jambo

1st Feb 14 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio 182 is hands down one of the best cars I've ever driven. These are meant to be better.

Bonkers to sell if you don't need the cash
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After owning the dci ive been tempted to buy one.... Thing is i would never use it
Ojc

2nd Feb 14 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You had an R27 before this didn't you?
AndyCorsaSport

2nd Feb 14 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Clio 182 is hands down one of the best cars I've ever driven. These are meant to be better.

Bonkers to sell if you don't need the cash

This. Didn't realise they come down quite so much too!
Ben J

2nd Feb 14 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want one of these!

In fact I want to drive the latest version because even my 1.4D Dynamique is great fun to drive and so planted. The RS must be epic.
Dr Pepper

2nd Feb 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You had an R27 before this didn't you?

Yeah mate - dont get me wrong ... I fully think this is the best value fun you can have in a car which can be used everyday too.
They are awesome and I would miss it.

However, I have just invested 7.5k with three others in a buy to let house. Which means if something goes wrong with the Clio I don't really have the cash spare to pay for it. It's tempting to get £8k now for it, by a 4k replacement, bank 2k for any running repairs.... And have 2k towards our next house purchase hopefully in the summer.

I work close to home now, misses is close to home and I don't do many miles - when I do it would be handy to have something bigger to use. I might have done more miles on my road bike than car in the last year lol

[Edited on 02-02-2014 by Dr Pepper]
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 14 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id totally keep the clio still... Not much chance of it hoing wrong if it does next to no miles
colonel_g

2nd Feb 14 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't really use it and could do with some money, fuck it off.
It isn't going to appreciate in value by doing little miles. Might aswell do as you said, buy something for a couple of grand that has already had the arse drop out of it.
No money in cars unless they are classic etc so it makes sense to put the money into property. Anybody that says otherwise id delusional
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Feb 14 at 04:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No brainer really to sell it. By the sounds of it you are going to need to put money into is also, so hanging on to it when you don't need or use it would be silly as its just going to drop in value. Not like its a low miler either so not worth anymore than 1 with say 20k on it.

Sell it and buy a 182 Trophy. Good fun, and will be an investment.
Dr Pepper

3rd Feb 14 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

182 trophy will undoubtedly be good fun - but if I replace it I really want a bigger car .... Seriously looking at imprezas now lol - I can't see much else in my price bracket that ticks so many boxes. Some of the Audi estates look like they might be an option too

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thinking of selling Clio RS200 and getting something cheaper ...thoughts? 23 database queries in 0.0153201 seconds