corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leveling lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leveling lights
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Feb 14 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a pair of Depo headlights, I've been told I need to level the headlights after fitting them?

I thought I had to just take them out and put Depos In then job done

Is this correct? I'm not changing the bulbs/getting HIDS just going from reg front lights to Depos
fred7

15th Feb 14 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait until its a little darker park on a level ground in front of a clear wall. Turn your lights on and will see the level and should see the direction as well. Will find the guide as well for the distance
Blackie

18th Feb 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The chances of the depo's pointing at the same level as your standard ones are slim. If you haven't already fitted them then what I would do is park your car on level ground about a cars length from a wall, put your lights on and mark the wall where the beam ctr is, then fit your depo's, turn them on and adjust as necessary until they line up with the previous marks, not exact, but a good enough guide, I've managed to get a car to pass mot using this method!!
Jambo

18th Feb 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be appx 20-25ft from a flat wall on level ground. Park up, turn lights on and mark the outline (flat and "flick"
With making tape. Then swap out for drops and adjust accordingly
N16K

18th Feb 14 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try doing this on a new Mini every time you close the bonnet headlights go out of level
Jambo

18th Feb 14 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can believe that N16k

Can never open the bloody things at shows and they close with such a massive thud! Stand out from any other cars

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leveling lights 23 database queries in 0.0104902 seconds