corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » brake conversion questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake conversion questions
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 14 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right thought I'd ask can you fit front calipers and discs to the rear axle.

I mean that im building a track car and I will be fitting hi spec front brakes I wiil be doing a rear disc conversion but when I'm getting it all made up can I get the 256mm brakes made to fit?
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Mar 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not without alot of work as iirc, the rear disc set-up still runs shoes for the handbrake.

It should be do-able, but will require a lot of custom parts.
johnny86
Premium Member

23rd Mar 14 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt I by pass the hand brake if I fitted a hydrolic handbrake instead of cable one?
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Mar 14 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More work than its worth. Best bet would be to fabricate a bracket and use a spot caliper for hand brake purposes.
monkeytwizzel

23rd Mar 14 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easier to just use mk4 astra/mk1 zafira rear set up,no handbrake shoes and lighter.
johnny86
Premium Member

23rd Mar 14 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice guys. It might be easier just to bolt other brakes on but i think im gonna try it
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for HiSpec and we could make a rear set of brakes for you using one of our mechanical handbrake calipers to match the set you will be putting on the front. I see you are in Kent, perhaps you could pop into our workshop and take a look at what we could do for you?

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Couldnt I by pass the hand brake if I fitted a hydrolic handbrake instead of cable one?

depends if you are needing the car road legal or not, it wont pass an mot like that

also, its far more work than it needs to be and will likely have negative results, your pedal travel will be huge, so you will require a new pedal box plus master cylinders + all the pipe work. Absolutely pointless when there are near bolt on applications that will be more than adequate
Crana

24th Mar 14 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use corsa c rear hubs on the b axel should make things much easier

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » brake conversion questions 24 database queries in 0.0094850 seconds