corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new car - opinions...UPDATE - collected octavia Vrs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new car - opinions...UPDATE - collected octavia Vrs
flybikeslee

User status: Offline
1st Apr 14 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mega cars, good choice
3CorsaMeal

1st Apr 14 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, its MEGA
Dr Pepper

1st Apr 14 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im aware Ive paid a bit over the odds - but I physically cant find another one under 60k miles that is in this condition ... the service history and warrantee, servicing, mot pack, years tax swayed it for me -- and the cam belt change is a nice touch too.

Over all this should give me a year of guaranteed trouble free motoring - then the next 20k miles worth of servicing and mot for free.... which lets me put money towards a house development I am doing as a project and what ever is left over I can buy some mods for the skoda.

I would have loved the R26 but it was all my budget, and then you have to factor in servicing, tyres and brakes which are not cheap and no warrantee - if I had problems in the next year with it I would have struggled

[Edited on 01-04-2014 by Dr Pepper]
Dr Pepper

1st Apr 14 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine had a stage 2 one with Coil overs and it was pretty impressive to be in and the noise was pretty cool
Ben G

1st Apr 14 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not keen on these at all, but for 8k it's not a bad choice. Good motorway mile muncher I guess. Bit different to the Clio mind.
Ben J

1st Apr 14 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love mine (2012). I hardly drive it these days as its the wife's daily, but its so practical as a family car.
Toby
Premium Member

1st Apr 14 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was an anti climax. Should have got a megane.
GB123
Premium Member

1st Apr 14 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warranty
Dr Pepper

1st Apr 14 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure why my phone wants to change warranty to warrantee -sorry about that. Bit of an anti climax I suppose but to be honest I rarely drove the clio as it should have been driven and its kind of appealing to have a car which is more usable for real life.
Dr Pepper

1st Apr 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the lookout for coilovers and new wheels now ...love the audi thick spoke and smooth finish ones...

these look good too I think......

[Edited on 01-04-2014 by Dr Pepper]
GB123
Premium Member

1st Apr 14 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry was just annoying me , nice car for what you want it for btw
Dr Pepper

2nd Apr 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked it up today.

To be fair - its much more fun to drive than I thought it would be. Its bloody rapid! Different kind of fast to the clio but having never driven a turbo before its a new experience for me. Actually makes a much nicer noise than the clio. I dont think there are many sub 50k cars that can out brake or handle the clio cups but this thing feels planted enough... Its due new brakes so im not gonna push it too hard till I get used to the car. I can see that its going to get pretty lively after a stage 1 or 2 remap. Driving position is really nice, gearbox is decent and its a nice solid but pretty simple place to sit. Need to get my stereo sorted out and a few more toys and shiny things inside.

Garage are taking it back in in the next couple of weeks to do the service, cam belt change and put right the stuff they found in the multi point check... luckily the brakes are wearing out so they are putting on a new set of pads and discs and refurbing all of the alloys. Have to say that although I think the car was on the pricey side - Skodas customer service has been exceptional so far.

[Edited on 03-04-2014 by Dr Pepper]
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you want a Grille surround that has had the Chrome removed and is ready to be painted for Colour Coding?

I have one sat in my storage doing nothing...
Dr Pepper

2nd Apr 14 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Do you want a Grille surround that has had the Chrome removed and is ready to be painted for Colour Coding?

I have one sat in my storage doing nothing...

Sounds great

[Edited on 02-04-2014 by Dr Pepper]
Ben G

3rd Apr 14 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those BBS ch style alloys look fantastic on the blue one.
Ben J

3rd Apr 14 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Personally they seem the only nice option.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » new car - opinions...UPDATE - collected octavia Vrs 23 database queries in 0.0112998 seconds