corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you're going to crash.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you're going to crash.....
Ben G

User status: Offline
1st Apr 14 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Size of those front discs on the lambo. I wouldn't be surprised if the stopping force actually pulled the drivers skin off their face.
alan-g-w

2nd Apr 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mazda entered a main road from a side street. If the Mazda hadn't entered the main road there wouldn't have been an accident. As long as the Lambourghini didn't speed up when he saw the Mazda, it's the Mazda's fault 100% for causing the accident.

It reminds me of when I used to get all sorts of shit years ago from the fogeys around here because my Corsa XE exhaust was loud. I was in a rush and travelling at about 45 in a 30 on a reasonably quiet road with a field on one side and houses on the other. I was about 500yds from an old woman with a bicycle on the pavement, the only pedestrian I could see. I saw her looking to cross the road and could see that she saw my car - being the only car on the road. Although I wasn't dangerously close to her, I knew she couldn't have made it across the road without me braking and she must have known herself as well. This didn't stop her from stepping onto the road and purposely crossing at a snail's pace so that I'd have to slow down. I could have pulled up quite safely 100yds before her so I slowed down with plenty of distance between us and put my passenger side window down to speak to her, I didn't give a fuck that I was I in a rush at this point. I politely as fuck asked her 'Excuse me, I had to slow down quite a bit there so I didn't run you over, did you not see me coming?', to which she, flustered, replied 'Oh, er, you were going too fast anyway'. Again, staying polite I asked her 'If I was going 90mph would you have still walked out just to make your point? No offence, but that's how you get run over. Maybe don't try to be such a vigilante next time, it might not be someone as sensible as me who is admittedly speeding but going slow enough to stop should I need to'. She pretty much repeats herself saying 'you shouldn't have been going so fast'. I acknowledge this and tell her, again, if she keeps up the habit of walking in front of speeding cars it's not going to end well.

I felt like a bit of a dick after this but the fact is, if I was in a Ford Focus with a standard exhaust going 50mph, this woman wouldn't have batted an eyelid. It just so happens that I'm in a car that's drawing attention, much the same as this Lambo. I'm not comparing my XE corsa to a Lambo but the fact is, this Mazda driver has probably done something similar to that daft old woman.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Apr 14 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lambo's speed and position isn't irrelevant.
Ben G

2nd Apr 14 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, but the only thing we can prove from the video posted is that the mazda entered into the path of the lambo.
Ben G

2nd Apr 14 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, this is London. People don't spend 20 seconds surverying their surroundings. They pull out and hope the other driver will stand on their brake pedal.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Apr 14 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which in itself isn't the sole cause of the accident.

If people don't like loud exhausts or judge your speed incorrectly as a result, that doesn't mean that in all cases, the car entering from the side road is at fault because the guy on the main road is being incorrectly described.

You are allowed to enter people's paths - that's what a Give Way junction is for.

You are also required to consider your surroundings and adjust your speed accordingly, and certainly not be that far on load in a residential street in a car with that much power available. That's one of the reasons why they're expensive to insure - because you've got to exercise your discretion when best to use the power - and in this case, at no point was that a sensible application of however many horsepower and an accident solely caused by someone entering the road.

Its not cut and dried to say you entered the path - it would only be possible to suggest that if all other things are equal - ie. both other cars are driving in a manner appropriate to the conditions and that is the only exception. If one guy is on a ragga, you kind of lose the ability to have that position.

If what you are a suggesting is true, there are a raft of situations where you would be without blame despite doing absolutely ridiculous things.

I'm not suggesting the Mazda is free from blame - but nor is the Lambo.

If the Mazda had not have entered - no crash.

Consider also if the Lambo could have stopped in time - no crash either. And I'm sure at an appropriate speed that would have been no problem for a car of that calibre.
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He doesn't sound like he's 'that' on load though; I don't know the street layout before the incident but it doesn't sound like he's out and out ragging the car; more like he's moving to an upshift.

I do think however that the Lambo driver is distracted, he should have noticed the mazda and been able to brake/stop accordingly, as it is, he doesn't seem to brake until after the collision. There are no brake lights until after the crash and you see them on after the Quasqai but not before.

[Edited on 02-04-2014 by RichR]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look how little time here is between the car pulling out and the lambo hitting it, its not going that fast, perhaps not under the limit but it doesn't look like he driving at silly speeds.

Unless that junction in on a seriously blind bend (which it isn't based on the other vid), I cant see how he didn't have time to see him coming,
richardworrall
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reports and vids of him driving like a twat in the past around London.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2595093/Moment-driver-rare-yellow-300-000-Lamborghini-Aventador-pulled-Park-Lane-just-days-fellow-supercar-driver-wrecks-vehicle-in.html
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can't use past videos as evidence in this case though, they are stand alone. I once sped through a 30 zone, doesn't mean I do it every time.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love some peoples definitions of racing off too
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Classic sentence used by old people who see a loud car driving past normally
Scotty_B

2nd Apr 14 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mazda was clearly edging out the junction and not pulling out at normal speed, to let the Lambo past but completely mis-judged it.
Generation

2nd Apr 14 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once got told I was ragging a car around, despite me actually holding up a queue of traffic as was an area full of bumps.
Politely wound down window and said I was speeding that muh, there wouldn't be a huge queue of cars behind me, it sounds loud doesn't mean in going too fast. To which she replied, but I could hear your car traveling fast.
I then pointed out how low the car was, the speed bumps in te road and queue of traffic behind again.
At that point she called me a wanker as had no other argument. Silly bitch
3CorsaMeal

2nd Apr 14 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wave and tell people to slow down that aren't speeding, just do it to random people every so often.
LeeM

2nd Apr 14 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless speed can be proven, its the mazdas fault for pulling from a side road. IF speed can be proven with a reading from a calibrated device, not a video, then only 20% liability will be put onto the lamb.
LeeM

2nd Apr 14 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although http://www.yourinsuranceclaim.co.uk/tag/barna-vs-hudes-merchandising-corp/

scroll down to Barna vs. Hudes Merchandising Corp.
judge determines that speeding isn't negligence.
Ben G

2nd Apr 14 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well there you go. End of discussion.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get egged on to drive fast.. lol

im normally the one holding people up everywhere
alan-g-w

2nd Apr 14 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Lambo's speed and position isn't irrelevant.

Which is why I added in the bit saying as long as it didn't speed up, it's the Mazda's fault.

In your reply after this one you say 'You are allowed to enter people's paths - that's what a Give Way junction is for.' I don't know about you but I definitely don't enter peoples' paths when I'm coming out from a give way. I wait until there's a gap big enough so that I'm not causing the person behind me, in the road I'm entering, to brake at all.

I can vividly remember whilst doing my driving lessons that I was told if you pull out of a junction and the person you pull out in front of has to brake or even discernibly slow down at all its a major on the driving test. This to me means that you'd be at fault if, pulling out of a street like that Mazda, you caused a driver already on the road to brake. I'd still be defending the Aventador driver if he was going 100mph, if you're too stupid to tell an approximate speed of an oncoming car and then if you can speed up in time for it not to hit you, you shouldn't be driving.

[Edited on 02-04-2014 by alan-g-w]
Welsh Dan

2nd Apr 14 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
although http://www.yourinsuranceclaim.co.uk/tag/barna-vs-hudes-merchandising-corp/

scroll down to Barna vs. Hudes Merchandising Corp.
judge determines that speeding isn't negligence.

Exactly. That could have been a emergency services vehicle car on the way to a call. Idiots manage to pull out in front of those all the time.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you're going to crash..... 23 database queries in 0.0150330 seconds