corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » caliper grinding/shaving urgent query

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author caliper grinding/shaving urgent query
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Apr 14 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got round to fitting my wheels back on after sorting my gear linkage but now just found out my calipers rub on the wheels (used to fit fine before, can only be due to changing pads to a diff brand)

Rushing round to find an angle grinder but I can safely shave a few mil cant I? Or not generally recommended?

[Edited on 04-04-2014 by SteveoBC]
M Sutton

4th Apr 14 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty sure a few mm off wont hurt! Ive read of people doing it with no issues.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought as much 2-4mm should do the trick just my luck as I need it running to take down to get a rollcage tomorrow. ..bugger I need a grider!! Lol
ShEp

4th Apr 14 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pads should be any different by changing brand.

Check over everything.
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Shep check it over again, you might be missing something, what brakes and wheels?
bigron1988

4th Apr 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to put spacers back on ?
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheel weights?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys but checked everything, must have been the pads that have pushed the caliper out a bit, all so bit of a grind off the calipers, brakes and droves fine now

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » caliper grinding/shaving urgent query 23 database queries in 0.0068049 seconds