corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailing kit - best price

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Detailing kit - best price
cpcrampton

User status: Offline
7th Apr 14 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need the following due to running low, and found myself looking at a £40 bill including delivery. is there any better places to buy from. I usually use CYC.

Dodo Juice 500ml - shampoo (BTBM or Sour Power)
A new labs wool wash mit
Bilberry Wheel cleaner 1l

Thanks
Chris
Minty_Fresh

7th Apr 14 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I either use CYC or elite car care
cpcrampton

7th Apr 14 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will give elite car care a go
cpcrampton

7th Apr 14 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a little more expensive.

might resort to fairy liquid lol

#tightasfuck
Corsa_Sport21

7th Apr 14 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy it individually off eBay. You will get it all for about £30.
Corsa_Sport21

7th Apr 14 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodo-Juice-Sour-Power-Car-Wash-Shampoo-500ml-Step-1-/360893751487?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item5406f1a0bf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valet-Pro-Bilberry-Safe-Wheel-Cleaner-1000ml-/301139822551?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item461d5507d7

And then a wash mitt to your preferance.
fred7

7th Apr 14 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried chemical guys?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Apr 14 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't buy it off eBay. Heard too many horror stories about products off eBay.
Just don't be so tight and buy it from clean your car, elite car care, polished bliss, waxamomo or one of the others
custom_corsa

7th Apr 14 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Just don't be so tight and buy it from clean your car, elite car care, polished bliss, waxamomo or one of the others

This!! Very common for products to be watered down etc

Also buy one of my washmitts

Corsa_Sport21

7th Apr 14 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Are the stories from the same people who claim the snow foam lances from detailing companies are different and far superior to those from eBay??

Load of bollocks.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Apr 14 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No that's aload of bollocks. There all from the same people.

However people getting sent actual petrol instead of tar remover and bleach instead of iron x
That to me puts me off for life. Plus if your that cheap you need to save a couple of quid on products by buying on eBay you probably shouldn't bother with the whole detailing anyway as it's an expensive hobby
Corsa_Sport21

7th Apr 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would agree if the stuff you were buying was half the price, but not just a couple of quid saving on each product ffs.

These people who sell it on ebay a couple of quid cheaper, are those who havn't added on the "detailing tax".

Of course its going to be more expensive on a forum designed with the products in mind. But it still dosn't mean you should write off buying elsewhere.

There is also a handy little thing on ebay called "feedback". You would be stupid not to check it out 1st before buying.

As for saving, well you said it, its an expensive hobby (not that it needs to be) so every little helps.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Apr 14 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the stuff is the same price and it's still fake...
It's called a RRP that most shops/brands stick to. Not a detailing tax. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's automatically a rip off. Yes you can buy eBay wax for £10 rather than a pot of swissvax for £100 and yes it will work. But not aswell as the swissvax. As it's had 10 times the amount of research. And ten times the amount of testing. And ten times better products in it to make it work.
Hence the price
Corsa_Sport21

7th Apr 14 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not arguing the prices or quality of a £10 wax against £100 swissvax.

My point is, you can buy the exact same product off ebay, for a couple of quid less, which dosn't have the detailing tax on it.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Apr 14 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And what I'm saying is that bein a cheap ass will bite you in said ass, when one day you buy petrol, bleach or acid instead of your product and you ruin your paintwork.
It's not a "detailing tax" it's a product gaurentee.
I can buy nikes off the nike shop. Or I can buy them down Liverpool market for a few quid off.
Know which ones is trust though.
Jimbothebarbarian

7th Apr 14 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So much fucking lol at this thread...
cpcrampton

8th Apr 14 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right.

How much for one of your lookie likey wookie fists?
Corsa_Sport21

8th Apr 14 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And what I'm saying is that bein a cheap ass will bite you in said ass, when one day you buy petrol, bleach or acid instead of your product and you ruin your paintwork.
I can buy nikes off the nike shop. Or I can buy them down Liverpool market for a few quid off.

So by your reckoning, i should go out and buy a shit load of the stuff from the detailing sites, and stick a few quid on top of the price i pay, and expect people to buy it at the inflated price?? Somehow i reckon i would be bankrupt in no time if i done that.

Its like buying OEM car parts without going direct to the dealer. Prices are cheaper, and you get the same part.

Im not saying there isn't fake stuff out there, but do your research and you wont get stung.
John

8th Apr 14 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love detailing threads. A whole industry created around complete ignorance.

Detailing isn't necessarily an expensive hobby unless you can't think for yourself.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Apr 14 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

So by your reckoning, i should go out and buy a shit load of the stuff from the detailing sites, and stick a few quid on top of the price i pay, and expect people to buy it at the inflated price?? Somehow i reckon i would be bankrupt in no time if i done that.

Its like buying OEM car parts without going direct to the dealer. Prices are cheaper, and you get the same part.

Im not saying there isn't fake stuff out there, but do your research and you wont get stung.

What the hell are you talking about? Who's selling it?
I'm saying buying off eBay there's a very large chance you are going to get stung and end up fucking your paintwork or what ever
Buying off a recommended shop there's a 10000000000% gaurentee it's not going to happen.
Not sure where all the buying stuff and adding money came from?
Ben G

8th Apr 14 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought bilberry wheel cleaner off eBay and it wasn't petrol, acid, bleach, sheeps intestines or Nic barnes' sperm.

It was just bilberry wheel cleaner.
Corsa_Sport21

8th Apr 14 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:

What the hell are you talking about? Who's selling it?
I'm saying buying off eBay there's a very large chance you are going to get stung and end up fucking your paintwork or what ever
Buying off a recommended shop there's a 10000000000% gaurentee it's not going to happen.
Not sure where all the buying stuff and adding money came from?

But you would need to be brain dead to get stung buying it from ebay.

It isn't a product guarantee, its detailing tax. Same with the snow foam lance. They sell them at inflated prices and pretend they are their own brand blah blah.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Apr 14 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree about the snow foam lances. All made by the same people in Italy.
There's hundreds and hundreds of threads on DW about getting fucked over buying things on eBay. All I'm saying is if your that tight you want to buy something off eBay because it's a couple quid cheaper. You deserve to get bleach or nic Barnes juices....
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Apr 14 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf there have been a few cases of fake ironx and clay that I've heard of which have caused real damage to cars.

There are plenty of reputable sellers on eBay though. Identifying them is normally straight forward based on their history.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailing kit - best price 24 database queries in 0.0152650 seconds