corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PayPal scam?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PayPal scam?
kz

User status: Offline
13th May 14 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very strange this... last night I got an email saying 'Sam Wood has send you £20' with a message from him saying, "Let me know you got this mate, thanks".

Was wracking my brain trying to think would it could be for... when I received another email about half an hour later saying that payment has been retracted. Fair enough I thought, must have been an honest mistake.

Just now, I've received £20 again! With a very similar worded, but not exactly the same message from him... only now I've realised it's actually been sent to my reserve email address (not my main PayPal one) which tbh, hardly anyone knows.

I'm just going to ignore it and hope it goes away... but has anyone else had anything like this
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th May 14 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably a scam if its only an email, go to paypal.co.uk and log into your account to see if any funds have actually hit it.
Christopher

13th May 14 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't follow the link from your email though! I've had a few emails from what looks like PayPal and if you follow the link to "sign in" it's not paypals page and then I guess they've got your log in details
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th May 14 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly ^^
Rob_Quads

13th May 14 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My spam folder in gmail is full of these today so i guess you've been getting the same.

Ben G

13th May 14 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an email for paypal saying I had made a payment to Skype for £40.00

I stupidly clicked the link on the email and logged in, before realising it was a scam.

Luckily I was quick enough to change my password, but it's easily done if you aren't paying attention
baza31

13th May 14 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

I stupidly clicked the link on the email and logged in, before realising it was a scam.

Luckily I was quick enough to change my password, but it's easily done if you are thick
Steve
Premium Member

13th May 14 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got one
_Allan_

13th May 14 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Gullible

Luckily I was quick enough to change my password, but it's easily done if you aren't paying attention
p4ult

13th May 14 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a similar type of email, but it's supposedly from Bank of Scotland. There is an attachment too that I obviously haven't opened. I don't even bank with them.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th May 14 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple rule is to never click links, go directly, so many of them about now

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
kz

13th May 14 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I can't really check because my PayPal doesn't exist on that email address... guess I'll just ignore it!
Y869 SRA

13th May 14 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotten a couple of these recently, saying I've been sent x amount. I know I haven't and the email address they come from isn't even paypal so I just delete and ignore.
barteh

13th May 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andy1868

14th May 14 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a particularly nice one going round at the minute claiming to have your cancer test results in the attached zip file

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » PayPal scam? 24 database queries in 0.0115950 seconds