corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This months total vauxhall

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This months total vauxhall
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 14 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dry your eyes mate
Christopher

2nd Jun 14 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
Dry your eyes mate
--ToM--

2nd Jun 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were never wet lads
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Jun 14 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine made it in the crail bit kind of regret going now, the strip was just so greasy. I liked the lotus carlton feature
Jarkle

6th Jun 14 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, had to pop by and reply to a few of these.

I don't get the gripes about the quality of feature cars in this issue, they've all had a lot of work put into them and there's a good mix. (RWD, FWD, retro, new-ish – a broad selection)

As for the VXR comments, well that's just nonsense as this is the first time we've had a VXR as the main cover car since the January issue. Over the last few months we've had Novas, a Kadett D, a Saab powered Daewoo-GTE, a Mk2 Cavalier estate, a V8 Manta and a Mk3 Gsi on the cover, so a pretty varied selection.

As ever, we can only feature what's out there and what we're aware of, and with a tiny team (all of whom have to split their time on other car mags as well) we don't have as much time as we'd like to scour forums and hunt them out. Think your car deserves a feature? Then email me or Dan on info@totalvauxhall.co.uk, don't get upset about it on the internet.

At the end of the day we're one magazine with a small budget trying to cover a broad scene, so no, we're not going to please everyone all the time, but we do try our very best to get a good mix in each issue. The 'you only feature VXRs comments' though? Sorry, but that's just nonsense.

Jamie
Lee_fr200

6th Jun 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See jarkle wasn't just me then on Instagram with the same opinion
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jun 14 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think mine deserves a feature
--ToM--

7th Jun 14 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I agree, bought not built would be an ideal title
Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I asked for a simple hall of fame feature 2.5 years ago, not sure how big the folder is that I was told it was put in but it's not appeared yet

Should I give up waiting?

[Edited on 07-06-2014 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jarkle

7th Jun 14 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
See jarkle wasn't just me then on Instagram with the same opinion

Opinion is fine, the issue I have with yours in this case is that it simply isn't true, we don't just feature VXRs. Seriously, the blue Astra on the cover is the first time one has appeared there for months, and even then it's sharing space with a homebrew Cav Mk2 turbo! Next month with most probably have a Manta 400 rep on it, so once again, no VXRs.

Hall of Fame has a long waiting list, but yep, sometimes the odd car does slip through the net. Feel free to send me over some high res images and a full spec and I'll get it in an issue soon. I'm putting fame together start of next week. The saner goes for feature requests, email them in, don't just say it on a forum, chances our we won't spot it. Jamie.arkle@futurenet.com
carl roper

7th Jun 14 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
I asked for a simple hall of fame feature 2.5 years ago, not sure how big the folder is that I was told it was put in but it's not appeared yet

Should I give up waiting?

Yours has already been in the hall of fame and I dout they will be putting the same cars in twice.

Yes the features are a lot of newer cars now but that's how the scenes going. Corsa's have been done to death in the magazine and it takes a really mint unique example to get a feature. Not just any old corsa with a 20xe that looks the same as 100 other cars.

I would like to see more older stuff in the mag but as has been said they can only feature what's out there
Haimsey
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:-/

Missed that

Now I feel a cunt

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:

Why do I have to do it myself? Why is it less feature worthy if I pay someone to fit my parts?
johnny86
Premium Member

7th Jun 14 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Why do I have to do it myself? Why is it less feature worthy if I pay someone to fit my parts?

I'm with you I haven't the time or know how to build a feature car ok with little bits but that's it.

I'm paying someone to do all my work I can't do.
--ToM--

8th Jun 14 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

You don't have to do it yourself and it certainly doesn't make it any less feature worthy actually I really like your car if I'm honest, I just thought as seen as all you ever seem to do is post cunty comments hoping for a reaction I would do the the same for once, must admit its quiet satisfying
kz

9th Jun 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just gonna leave this here because I feel like it...

Haven't bought a car mag for yonks but the other day I picked up Evo as it had a 40 page special of hot hatches from the 80's to modern day... good read I must say! Renault wiped the floor at nearly every level.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » This months total vauxhall 24 database queries in 0.0114820 seconds