corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unlinking PayPal from bank account...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unlinking PayPal from bank account...
kz

User status: Offline
10th Jul 14 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently bought an ASUS monitor from Ebuyer and there was a fault with it. I sent it back for replacement, and all was going well until this morning I received an email from them saying they couldn't find the fault and are now going to charge me £10 for the courier they sent out to pick it up. I find this completely unacceptable as there is a fault, as I had confirmed directly from an ASUS technician...

I've just replied to Ebuyer with photographs of said fault and a plee that they won't charge me. If they still do not accept this, I was considering unlinking my PayPal account (after removing all funds of course) so they physically can't get any money from me. Am I likely to get into any trouble for this?
Brett
Premium Member

10th Jul 14 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure they can just take money. They could invoice you, but if you pay or not I would've thought was your call.
Jimbothebarbarian

10th Jul 14 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Open PayPal dispute, they always side with the buyer.
kz

10th Jul 14 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They already have all my details as that's what I bought the product with.

Actually I looked on the Distance Selling Regulations Act and it states: If your goods are faulty, or you're sent substitute items that you don't want, the retailer must pay return postage costs.

The problem is they're saying it's not faulty...

Cheers though I will open a dispute on PayPal if they do take it, I've done this before with eBay and found it pretty hassle free.
ed

10th Jul 14 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can't just take money from your PayPal account like that. The only way they could have access to your funds is if you've setup a certain type of recurring payment with them, which you don't do with Ebuyer

Think they'll ask you to pay the return fee before posting the item back out to you, that or they'll just post it out and then send you invoices and then threats to pay.
kz

10th Jul 14 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay that makes sense but I suppose what they could do is say we're not giving you a refund until you pay the postage... anyway I got a reply from them saying with the photos etc. they're going to get their technicians to have another look. Fingers crossed they're not complete retards!
kz

24th Jul 14 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I might as well update this... the pictures worked and they sent me a new one free of charge

Although, this one's bloody wonky too! Though not as bad. Not very impressed with ASUS tbh, thought their build quality was meant to be good.
ed

24th Jul 14 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asus is a budget brand TBH.
John

24th Jul 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were advised to buy something like a 24" Dell when you first created the thread in geek day kz. If you done that this thread wouldn't exist.
kz

25th Jul 14 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I didn't want a 24" monitor the quality of the actual screen is spot on, love it... it's just the base that has a tilt when you attach it. Either way it's a million times better than my Samsung!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unlinking PayPal from bank account... 23 database queries in 0.0130811 seconds