corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » wheel size geeks

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wheel size geeks
Jed D

User status: Offline
30th Jul 14 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh

30th Jul 14 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see this one getting done a bit better
Jed D

30th Jul 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

construction criticism over the previous car is more than welcome IF you can beat a 12.9 on a £70 engine... yes it was a heap, but it was made to be a fast heap not a 'showcar'
Nic Barnes

30th Jul 14 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Real world, not Photoshop light filter effects car
Corsa_Sport21

30th Jul 14 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Live your life a quarter mile at a time"

D.Toretto.
taylorboosh

30th Jul 14 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Real world, not Photoshop light filter effects car

Ms paint man me matey
Eck
Premium Member

31st Jul 14 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
construction criticism over the previous car is more than welcome IF you can beat a 12.9 on a £70 engine... yes it was a heap, but it was made to be a fast heap not a 'showcar'

I don't even know where to begin with this statement So I won't bother. I concur that this one looks like its being done better than the last.
Jed D

31st Jul 14 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we did a compression test on the new engine the other week... standard being around 160-170ish, the new one is high 230 per pot and all pretty equal across the six
heads where skimmed rite down, went any further and would of been skimming the valves haha. also ported the exhaust ports out
bottom end is a completely standard but healthy one
only thing i can see holding this back will be the standard exhaust manifolds... still not got around to getting some tubulars made though

having a few wiring issues still so usc is off the cards for this one but we'll get there...

iv said, IF its lucky enough to see a 12.5 on treads il treat it too some slicks for being good, but not until then
taylorboosh

31st Jul 14 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasnt trying to be insulting - the last one looked wank - this is a lot better
Jed D

31st Jul 14 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem john, just so many people are sharp to laugh at the old one when they have 1000's in their cars and they can come nowhere near that time... purpose built on a budget and laughed at other purpose built cars that had 1000's in them
tom130691
Premium Member

31st Jul 14 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
If what ian and steve say is true, maybe best completly losing the lower part of bumper

this, id be tempted to get some ally and make a flat undertrays similar to lotus elises
Jed D

31st Jul 14 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant really see but it is pretty flat under there with having the wheel well plated over, the back panel cut off and no fuel tank but i have been pondering on the idea of a diagonal alloy sheet to dispatch the air out the back... would have to cover the exhaust tunnel then though and then its a case of how far do you go...
would like to cut the whole floor out at some point, do a basic cage / space frame kind of chassis with alloy plated floor throughout but i just want it done and get it out for use now...

taylorboosh

31st Jul 14 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
no problem john, just so many people are sharp to laugh at the old one when they have 1000's in their cars and they can come nowhere near that time... purpose built on a budget and laughed at other purpose built cars that had 1000's in them

I dont doubt it was fast or that you proved a lot of members wrong including myself

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » wheel size geeks 23 database queries in 0.0161791 seconds