corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Main dealers videoing car health checks.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Main dealers videoing car health checks.....
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
12th Aug 14 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this a new thing??

A friend put his car into Peter Vardy for a health check and instead of just handing over a piece of paper with the faults they found written down, they have made a video showing the faults and sent it over to him.

Sounds like a good way to restore some faith in garages.
MatthewR

12th Aug 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody awesome service
Joey 1.6 sport

12th Aug 14 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my local Audi dealership been doing that for quite a while
Balling
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Sounds like a good way to restore some faith in garages.
Sounds like a good way to prove that you are in fact paying too much at a main dealer, seeing as they spend timing doing a video for you.

Ian
Site Administrator

12th Aug 14 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad news for the sector when they've got to waste time doing this just to earn a bit of trust.
3CorsaMeal

12th Aug 14 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copying nic Barnes video imo.
BYRON

12th Aug 14 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use a product/tool called Citnow (see it now), which is used by the sales teams for distance selling, introductions and clarity I.e. Paint and trim finishes.
In a country where everyone has a smart phone, it's a real value added proposition and seems to be well received
Mattb

13th Aug 14 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have been doing it a while now and are top of the table for numbers sent within the audi network. It's had a great response from customers and has actually increased our upsell from services etc.

It is in response to people not trusting garages, and to be honest from what I have seen and heard from some places it's not surprising. It's just a shame that a minority of garages tarnish the reputation of the entire sector

[Edited on 13-08-2014 by Mattb]
Eck
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Bad news for the sector when they've got to waste time doing this just to earn a bit of trust.

All it takes is one video on social media of a garage wrecking/ragging a car and suddenly every garage is tarred. Praise for a garage will never go viral.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already happened in America
(although in my eyes they kinda followed procedure of using high revs to fix the fault, its the way they went about it and kinda joking about ragging the car)
http://www.carthrottle.com/remember-the-mistreated-mustang-the-dealership-has-now-offered-to-buy-the-car-back/

but the dealer offered to buy his car off him in the end

btw this was indirectly filmed (car had a dash cam they thought was off)
Corsa_Sport21

13th Aug 14 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
We use a product/tool called Citnow (see it now), which is used by the sales teams for distance selling, introductions and clarity I.e. Paint and trim finishes.
In a country where everyone has a smart phone, it's a real value added proposition and seems to be well received

Yeah, that C-It-Now was what it was done via.
mikenoncorsa

13th Aug 14 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
We have been doing it a while now and are top of the table for numbers sent within the audi network. It's had a great response from customers and has actually increased our upsell from services etc.

It is in response to people not trusting garages, and to be honest from what I have seen and heard from some places it's not surprising. It's just a shame that a minority of garages tarnish the reputation of the entire sector

[Edited on 13-08-2014 by Mattb]

As an Aftersales manager, this interests me greatly. What sort of numbers do you Matt? Surely not every car even tho they must all have a VHc carried out?
Mattb

14th Aug 14 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We did nearly 350 last month, we aim to do around 250 which I think is around a quarter of the cars we see.
They are usually little 20ish second clips of easy stuff, brakes and tyres etc. sometimes it's decent for showing customers more technical problems and can give a decent amount of reassurance. For example I replaced the panoramic sunroof frame on a Q7 for a customer, so once it was out I took a video of the frame where the cables had seized and caused the frame to split. He loved it, as he then knew exactly why he was spending a large sum of money on what seemed like a minor issue to him.
Mattb

14th Aug 14 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, missed the end bit, yes every car should have a health check, it's a requirement by audi, but as you can imagine, some are impeccably maintained and there's nothing to video, although you could do them as an advisory item, like your brake pads are 70% worn so might not last untill your next service so pop in to us in 6 months and we can take another look.
mikenoncorsa

14th Aug 14 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply, I love the idea, think it might be a bit much for our level of customers however (VX dealer).

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Main dealers videoing car health checks..... 24 database queries in 0.0167699 seconds