corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fiesta advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fiesta advice
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Aug 14 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs is after a fiesta. '09 plate ish. What's the score with them? 1.4 tdci.or a 1.4 petrol?
pow
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zetec engines are juice. Always have been!
sc0ott

19th Aug 14 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a 1.6 tdci on a 10 plate and i thought they were brilliant little cars. Lack of 6th gear makes them a bit gash on motorways. It was the titanium as well so had all the gadgets.

I have the 1.6 tdci zetec s on a 14 plate now and i think they look much better than the focus. Revs are not as high in 5th so it feels better on the motorway. Has a few of the optional upgrades as well.

Both company cars and the first one i had was only ever in the garage for mot's and servicing.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Father in law has the diesel. Only driven it once, but for two hours on motorway. Feels way more comfortable than most cars of that size.

I'd go for the petrol though, unless she mostly plans to use it for long trips.

Ben G

19th Aug 14 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove ours to Scotland and back and it was only the 1.25. Didn't miss a beat and I felt fine when I reached my destination.

I personally wouldn't get the 1.4 tdci. We used to build that engine but it was discontinued in favour of a 1.5 tdci which is much more refined and efficient, but wasn't available in 2009 iirc.

Depends what she wants it for. My missus uses hers for 70mph work commutes with no worries.
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 14 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she rarely uses the motorway so i guess the 1.4 petrol it is.
AndyCorsaSport

19th Aug 14 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a 2 as courtesy cars, 1.25. 61 plate and 12 plate. Average 43mpg or there abouts, are nippy enough, both have Bluetooth and USB port which works great with iPod/iphone. Ours are low ish mileage though, 61 plate has 18k and 12 plate has 7k.
deano87

19th Aug 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Based on the probable increased cost to buy initially and the added cost of fuel vs. low mileage, just get the petrol.

Shame you can't stretch to a new 1.0 EcoBoost, no questions then!
Andrew

19th Aug 14 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a brand new 11 plate for 12 months or so. Mine was a the 1.25.

It was OK as a cheap and cheerful car. Didn't have any problems in the 22ish k I did in mine.

Fuel wise I was getting mid to high 30s but being a company car I was never trying to save fuel.

Someone reversed into mine and wrote it off

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fiesta advice 24 database queries in 0.0092320 seconds