corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jury Service

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jury Service
John

User status: Offline
20th Aug 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been called up loads, made it as far as going in and handing over a note to say I couldn't do it, dodged it all the other times.

Can't be annoyed doing it (although I probably wouldn't mind if I worked for a big company where I was getting away for a week and not coming back to a weeks worth of work).

There should also be an aptitude test before you can be on a jury, greatly worries me that any idiot could be deciding my future when they struggle to spell their own name.
scotty GTE

21st Aug 14 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done it a good few years ago, must have been 22 or thereabouts, went on for over a week. Dad kidnapped the child from the ex wife went on the run for a few days.

Was a complete pain in the arse, although the grub at lunch was pretty good

Some of the arguments from the jury were comical. Remember being told my opinion 'wasn't valid as i didn't have children'. This coming from a man who wore the same pair of stonewash jeans and a mizuno sweatshirt to court for a week.
deano87

21st Aug 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not required again tomorrow, so not in until at least Tuesday. Some jurors from my start date had their service ended today. Gits.

Ring up tomorrow again at 4.30pm to find out if I'm requirdd Tuesday. Could all be done tomorrow night.
deano87

27th Aug 14 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, first day back in court today. And looks like I have been sworn in to a case. Finally get to do something on Jury Service rather than just work
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Aug 14 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did in Luton a few years back. Cafe was pretty good and nice easy to walk into town.

I enjoyed it. Got a few cases. One was a robbery. Was obvious he did it. Went on all day then stoped for the evening when he decided he would then pleads guilty.

The other was a gang rape. 4 guys. One girl. Was a odd one. Won't go into detail but they got off.
deano87

28th Aug 14 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I was released yesterday after I sat in the waiting room all day for the defendant to plead guilty.

So 5 days of Jury Service consisted of 3 at work at 2 just sitting around. Didn't see one wig

[/thread]
Rob_Quads

29th Aug 14 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a perfect example of where changes need to be made. Pleading guilty at the last minute should make no difference to the sentence as it would stop wasting peoples time. If your going to plead guilty do it up front and then a judge decides your sentence with a fraction of the people involved
flybikeslee

29th Aug 14 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
I did in Luton a few years back. Cafe was pretty good and nice easy to walk into town.

I enjoyed it. Got a few cases. One was a robbery. Was obvious he did it. Went on all day then stoped for the evening when he decided he would then pleads guilty.

The other was a gang rape. 4 guys. One girl. Was a odd one. Won't go into detail but they got off.

was she fit?
Ben G

29th Aug 14 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was hoping he'd go into detail tbh
Graeme
Premium Member

29th Aug 14 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She was a 16 year old girl and they were mid to late 20's! Was very weird. They go into a lot of detail in the trial and a lot of stuff to write down and remember.

It went on for a few weeks and then was stoped as they didn't think it was worth the while continuing. I was the one who had to give the not guilty verdict but if they did do it would of been the one who told them the guilty bit.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Aug 14 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it late last year, 10 day case of two bent coppers who got off as 6 women "I couldn't live with myself if they got sent to prison"

Justice system ha!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jury Service 24 database queries in 0.0108020 seconds