corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2005 Corsa C - How Much?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2005 Corsa C - How Much?
aspirex

User status: Offline
   22nd Aug 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Guys,

I am looking to sell my 2005 Corsa C Life 1.0L.

I bought the car around 6 months ago as my first car off of a friend of mine for £1000. A few weeks after I bought it I read the bottom of the V5C and it stated that the car was a Cat C, however the incident was back in 2010 ( I know I shouldve checked before hand but to be honest I didnt have a clue what I was and wasnt looking for so took a gamble on it). He didnt know that the car was a Cat C either as he was about as clueless as I was when it came to cars . We live and learn!

I have recently started an apprenticeship and will be covering around 14000 miles a year so have decided to upgrade to something that I will be keeping for at least another 5 years and a bit bigger engine size.

Here are a few numbers for you:

Mileage: 78,000

M.O.T: April 2014 (alot of work done as Ill tell you in a second)

Tax: Until October 2014 ( I will most likely renew the tax)

Here is a list of all of the work carried out after M.O.T:

2 x CV Joints

2 x CV Boot

2 x Brake Cables

2 x Cable Connector

New Brake Pads

2 x Stabiliser Links

Tie Rod Ends

Rear Coil Spring

2 x headlight bulbs

(Also has a brand new rear windscreen fitted after some t**t potted in down my street!)

All in all the work done to the car has come to £400 including labour.

The only problems with the car now are:

After heavy rainfall the drivers side footwell and footwell behind the drivers seat will be damp which I have not been able to pinpoint.

A bit of paint has flaked off of the rear as the windscreen was fitted (long story) I feel this was because the car has had a rear shunt and they have sprayed it over.

Overall I am a bit over £1400 into the car. I know I overpaid for it so that is completely down to me. My questions are:

I am looking to get £700-£800 for it to a private seller, is this too optimistic?

How much do you think I could sensibly ask for?

Here are some pictures

Cheers for any feedback

John

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by aspirex]
John

22nd Aug 14 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation bought just about exactly the same thing that wasn't cat c for 300 quid.
aspirex

22nd Aug 14 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O Wasnt expecting that to be fair, would that be a number I should expect to get for mine?. I feel it is a little low
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generations was incredibly cheap for what it is though.

I'd say you could probably get £500-£750 for this, good first car for someone maybe on the lower end of that though as it will put a lot of people off being cat C

[Edited on 22-08-2014 by Jason x]
Generation

22nd Aug 14 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think above is pretty accurate. Wet footwell a is common, and very well covered, just search google
aspirex

22nd Aug 14 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Guys

I would be happy with £600 as a bottom line. I think it would be a great first car for a new driver with the low tax and insurance costs.

Generation, it seems you got yours for a steal!
Generation

22nd Aug 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did, and that's only reason I bought it mate. Don't use it as a typical valuation guide though
aspirex

22nd Aug 14 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant go wrong with that mate . Were there any issues when you got it? (if you dont mind me asking)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2005 Corsa C - How Much? 23 database queries in 0.0094202 seconds