corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Surely they're not allowed to do this? eBay related

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Surely they're not allowed to do this? eBay related
Generation

User status: Offline
8th Sep 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I left negative feedback for a seller (large company) they sent me wrong item, which I could live with.

However I then had to pay to wrap the parcel and go to post office (they did refund cost of posting)

Then I had to wait 10 days for a refund (and this is part that made me
Leave feedback)

Now I get this message, which is just offering to pay me to remove bad feedback.

Hi,
I am sorry to see your negative feedback.
We always aim to provide the best service possible, however sometimes things go wrong.
I have an honest offer for you.
If you would agree to revise your feedback (and DSR stars), we would issue 1 x £10 voucher to your PayPal account right away.
If you are interested please confirm and I will send you refund of your purchase and send you feedback revision request.

I would really like to all inconvenience and hassle caused by us, all auctions were reported to the head office, we will do everything to prevent this mistake from happening again.

Yours sincerely,
Karolina

luciaadr

8th Sep 14 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont see a problem personally.

You werent happy with their service, and left bad fb.

Company is trying to make good on their poor service, to make you happy and negate the need for bad fb
Fonz
Premium Member

8th Sep 14 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think there is anything against it (although i dont know the rules of eBay that well)

eBay will always encourage both parties work out any issues without raising a "complaint" and as this has been dealt between you is within the "spirit" of that request.

however...it is dishonest and i can see and understand your frustration.
Generation

8th Sep 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I see it is, eBay is hugely based around feedback.
If shit companies can operate badly, and receive negative feedback. Then contact people to buy negative feedback from them and make themselves look perfect. Just feel it's cheating the system somewhat.

Not to mention, if I remove and they don't pay, I then can't leave feedback again
Marc

8th Sep 14 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't do anything until your issue is sorted.
Ben G

8th Sep 14 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No different to complaining to tesco about shitty chicken and getting a voucher.

Sounds like good service to me. They want to put right their wrongs and not lose a customer/receive bad feedback.
DaveyLC

8th Sep 14 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hats of to the seller I say! Someone who actually gives a rats arse about their customers
Russ

8th Sep 14 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
No different to complaining to tesco about shitty chicken and getting a voucher.

Sounds like good service to me. They want to put right their wrongs and not lose a customer/receive bad feedback.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Sep 14 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is the shit service?

Mistake in the packing - probably because they're in a rush and paying minimum wage to the packers to keep the prices for you down.

The refund takes ages because Paypal sit on it for ages. I've had exactly the same issue - I can click refund the minute I receive the message requesting it but the customer doesn't see it for days and days.

They're processed as eCheques - which is basically Paypal's way of keeping hold of money while its en route, which we all know is a big con to earn interest. There is no eCheque, its just a cynical way of slowing things down because people remember cheques are slow. Nothing they do is slow until they make it slow.

I'd lap up the voucher and definitely be very happy with that dealing with that company. Of course Ebay is based on feedback but its also very easy to obtain poor ones for bollocks reasons because customers feel hard done by when they buy on price and then wonder why things go wrong.

If in doubt, pay more. While the whole internet is ordering price low-high and buying the first one, corners need to be cut and £10 compensation more than covers it.
Generation

8th Sep 14 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't mind wrong item that much

Refund was nothing to do with PayPal. I posted it back as I said I would. Few days later heard nothing so I emailed and they very bluntly just said "no item not refund" to which I replied I assumed you had got it. Few more days go past so I dug out receipt, and found was delivered day after I posted it. 6 days have passed now, so I email with proof of delivery. I then et another reply saying we've sent a refund, so I check and I've received nothing. They apologise and say was their fault and will send again. 10 days after they receive I finally get refund.
So it was more an issue of being rise and taking -0 days to press "refund" on PayPal. So with that combination if things I felt negative feedback was fair.
Didn't go through as e-cheque was instant payment
Marc

8th Sep 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didn't say all that originally!

Have they already left you positive feedback?
Generation

8th Sep 14 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't because I was asking if they were allowed to, not the reasons I was leaving the feedback.

They have left me positive feedback
Marc

8th Sep 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be tempted with neutral then!
DaveyLC

8th Sep 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they can't exactly leave you NEGATIVE feedback can they?!?!

taylorboosh

8th Sep 14 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id personally accept the voucher
Nic Barnes

8th Sep 14 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go fuckin mental all over the Internet about it
Generation

8th Sep 14 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Well they can't exactly leave you NEGATIVE feedback can they?!?!

Ok...however to get around this lot of sellers write negative things with a positive symbol. Thanks for your valuable input though, when I was replying to Ben's question "have they left you positive feedback"

[Edited on 08-09-2014 by Generation]
JordyCarter

8th Sep 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the sake of online feedback id take it straight away.
Generation

8th Sep 14 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agreed to take it, but not until got money. So they sent half, and I retracted it. Suprise suprise, nothin since.

If they don't pay other half, I'll just buy another item that's cheap And leave negative on that instead,
Fuckers
Pauly

8th Sep 14 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I agreed to take it, but not until got money. So they sent half, and I retracted it. Suprise suprise, nothin since.

If they don't pay other half, I'll just buy another item that's cheap And leave negative on that instead,
Fuckers

If you do that, ebay can just remove the feedback and potentially close your account as it is a violation of ebay policy.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Sep 14 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it have to be a game of chess?

Pay this, conditions of this, wait for this.

Sounds like a world of pain, wouldn't surprise me if you make it on to their blocked buyers list.
Generation

8th Sep 14 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know them, and don't trust them. Can tell you sell
A lot on eBay as you're determined so see nothing wrong. Again, I said I'd only do that if they don't send, so it would be them breaking the agreement anyway.

You're making it sound like I'm being unreasonable leaving negative feedback, for being out of pocket for a total of 15 days, due to their error

Ian
Site Administrator

8th Sep 14 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just makes me less inclined to mess about.

And re the trust - if they're a company then you have a lot more recourse against them than they do against you.

My name and phone number is all over the internet, loads of people been to my premises where I actually trade, not some house I could move from etc.

Can't say that about most customers. Trust is a two way street.
Generation

8th Sep 14 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would I do with that information over £5? You're assuming it's locals and the office is based same place are the distribution. My address to them is irrelevant, but yes, they have it as they posted the item.

All of this is completely off track, and not to do with the original
Question

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Surely they're not allowed to do this? eBay related 23 database queries in 0.0180430 seconds