corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are cyclists

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are cyclists
chrisr195

User status: Offline
24th Oct 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry lads made a mistake with the road tax point. by the looks of it my point had been taken the wrong way. at the end of the day I find cyclist up here a announce and aggressive at times
chrisr195

24th Oct 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen my error. many of u sure made that clear. cheers
taylorboosh

24th Oct 14 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got that from the first apology
Steve
Premium Member

24th Oct 14 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol deffo got loads of muney but no muney
Ben G

24th Oct 14 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool story bro alert.

Was in the car with my dad driving earlier, at a mini roundabout and as my dad pulled out to turn right, a cyclist without a care in the world decided to pull out from the left.

We had to take evasive action to miss the Downie looking cunt.

End of cool story bro.
Ben G

24th Oct 14 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
The last cyclist I spotted riding the wrong way down a one way street, ended up wearing quite a lot of the front, side and top of my Peugeot as a facial and dental prosthesis.

You're a hero in my eyes.
Jason x
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Cool story bro alert.

Was in the car with my dad driving earlier, at a mini roundabout and as my dad pulled out to turn right, a cyclist without a care in the world decided to pull out from the left.

We had to take evasive action to miss the Downie looking cunt.

End of cool story bro.

Should of got out and hit the cunt of his bike
nibnob21
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting article that I think non cyclists should read:

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/cyclists-why-do-they-ride-in-the-middle-of-the-road-_62617

And with regards to a lot of 'hate' directed at cyclists, sweeping statements about one group of people behaving badly simply aren't fair to the majority. The majority of cyclists are well behaved and respectful to other road users.

Just as there's a minority of terrible drivers that ruin it for other road users, that's not to say all road users are wankers.

MX5 Project Thread
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before cyclists start claiming equal share of the road, which I am aware technically they can, they should consider this

quote:
Let's be honest if everyone was a cyclist there would be no roads to cycle on because the gov't wouldn't have any money for roads

Dom

25th Oct 14 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Before cyclists start claiming equal share of the road, which I am aware technically they can, they should consider this

quote:
Let's be honest if everyone was a cyclist there would be no roads to cycle on because the gov't wouldn't have any money for roads

But doesn't highway maintenance/building come out of other taxes (council/income tax) rather than directly from vehicle tax?
In which case that statement is incorrect as both motorists and cyclist contribute to the roads

[Edited on 25-10-2014 by Dom]
Jambo

25th Oct 14 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Steve is referring to the face there would be no roads as the economy wouldn't be what it is without transport of people and goods.
ed

25th Oct 14 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was waiting for the road tax one to come up, and the no roads one. Guess my car shouldn't be allowed on the road either as I pay no tax for it.

If cycling were the norm then there would be infrastructure for it. Problem is, it isn't so we've got to share the roads. It's funny really though, most people are going to die of heart disease in this country and a bit of exercise would do them good.

[Edited on 25-10-2014 by ed]
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 14 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of them ride like cunts and shout at car drivers when they don't avoid them.

I've saved peoples lives on a few occasions.
oJNAo
Premium Member

25th Oct 14 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only give cyclists room so that they don't fall off and try and claim shit. In my limited experience driving minority of cyclists are actually decent people, most are cunts
dannymccann

25th Oct 14 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This time of year cyclists annoy me - there is a lot of them out and about in dark clothes, on dark bikes, in the road (why, when there is a cycle path right there?) without any FUCKING LIGHTS ON - not even any reflectors.

And then it's my fault if I happen to run one of the retards over because I genuinely cannot see them
SVM 286

26th Oct 14 at 03:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
The last cyclist I spotted riding the wrong way down a one way street, ended up wearing quite a lot of the front, side and top of my Peugeot as a facial and dental prosthesis.

You're a hero in my eyes.

Didn't feel like it at the time Ben. I thought i'd just killed a man. Indescribably horrible.

He wasn't even a wankerish cyclist. He just took a wrong turn. We both ended up paying for his mistake though.

That said, on a previous occasion, I would have gladly chinned an 'all the gear, no idea' merchant in Greenwich park, who cut me up so badly that I thought I was going to run over him. Scared me witless and then insulted me. When I jumped out of the car to grab the twat he sped off. Gutted.
Cavey

26th Oct 14 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going through red lights is the only bit that annoys me about them tbh. I have no idea whether they legally can or not, but surely if you're on the road you obey the rules of the road?
Gary
Premium Member

26th Oct 14 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or when they suddenly decide they are pedestrians and use the pa event to avoid red lights
taylorboosh

26th Oct 14 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure why people get angry - i was a cyclist today
nibnob21
Premium Member

26th Oct 14 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Going through red lights is the only bit that annoys me about them tbh. I have no idea whether they legally can or not, but surely if you're on the road you obey the rules of the road?

It's illegal. Generally I don't do it, only times I do are when there is literally nothing around and the lights don't react to me being there.

MX5 Project Thread
Dom

26th Oct 14 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
....without any FUCKING LIGHTS ON...

That (get it all the time out here in the unlit 'sticks') and not wearing a helmet are about the only things that really fucks me off with cyclists; it's as if they want a Darwin award
ed

26th Oct 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No lights in the dark is a bad, bad move! Get lots of people near me doing it, the roads are dimly lit and bumpy so they're wobbling along. Just going to end in tears eventually
Gary
Premium Member

26th Oct 14 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Natural selection
Carl

28th Oct 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195
wudnt have to pass close if they were single file. horn is warning them that im coming as very often there sailing about in the road.

at the end of the day they shudnt be there. they dont pay road tax so why shud they be able to ride on the road?

I love the road tax jibe, I pay 2 sets of 'road tax' and ride a bike sometimes , I probably pay more of it than the twats that are beeping because I'm taking positions up on roads so I'm less likely to end up dead, fucking retards.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are cyclists 24 database queries in 0.0196061 seconds