corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Returning a part ex'd car...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Returning a part ex'd car...
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Nov 14 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
So he should keep ones with dodgey patches on them because they will ware out anyway?

Ware out? What does that mean?

Part worns can have puncture repairs aswell. They could even have ridiculously old dates of manufacture stamped in the sidewalls.

We get it I can't spell. Getting old that is now mate.

Part worns can have puncture repairs too, doesn't mean there going to have gash patches on the side of them does it?
BeetleGav

15th Nov 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh you had all the letters there, just in the wrong order
Ben G

15th Nov 14 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
So he should keep ones with dodgey patches on them because they will ware out anyway?

Part worns can have puncture repairs aswell. They could even have ridiculously old dates of manufacture stamped in the sidewalls.

Part worns can have puncture repairs too, doesn't mean there going to have gash patches on the side of them does it?

When did I say you couldn't spell? Seems like you're taking your fake dyslexia anger out on me.
--ToM--

15th Nov 14 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arrrrrrr c'mon lads let's be the best of friends, it's all sorted now he's getting palmed off with another shit set of part worns so it's all ok, problems resolved.
flybikeslee

15th Nov 14 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this pricey?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Nov 14 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

When did I say you couldn't spell? Seems like you're taking your fake dyslexia anger out on me.

Not dyslexic. Just a shit speller.
quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Arrrrrrr c'mon lads let's be the best of friends, it's all sorted now he's getting palmed off with another shit set of part worns so it's all ok, problems resolved.

Got paid money instead so technically not a set of part worns. Nt sure what he's going to get.

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
this pricey?

It is indeed man.
Ben G

16th Nov 14 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as he's happy with the outcome, then that's all that can be said really.

I'm sure he'd have learned his lesson and next time will be more careful when buying a car. We all make mistakes.and hopefully learn by them.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Nov 14 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is. I said push for more so you can get two new ones but he's already bought one part worn for it when he got a sidewall puncture the other night. So if he gets another one hey match and he's £75 up.
Told him next time to take me with him not the muppet that he took last time.
--ToM--

16th Nov 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully now he can enjoy the pops and bangs from the exhausts rather than the front tyres!
Ben G

16th Nov 14 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a mongoose on that bad boy and it'll be even better.

Always wish i'd got one when I had the chance.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Nov 14 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think he's getting a full KMS turbo back system. Going to be lovely when it's done. He's had a history of very nice cars. Always really clean and nice cars. Looking forward to working on this one.
SXI - Matt

17th Nov 14 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Part worns on a RS.. Surely he should just buy a new set of 4 that way you know there all sound and decent considering you'd be spanking it round.

[Edited on 17-11-2014 by SXI - Matt]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

17th Nov 14 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Part worns on a RS.. Surely he should just buy a new set of 4 that way you know there all sound and decent considering you'd be spanking it round.

True story. However. After spending £20k odd on the car and it being Christmas time, he doesn't have £600 to spend on tyres yet. So part warns on the front for now. Then after Xmas he will probably get a new set of wheels anyway so tyres will be in with them.
AndyCorsaSport

17th Nov 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He hasn't spent £20k though if it's on finance?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

17th Nov 14 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
He hasn't spent £20k though if it's on finance?

True story. Not sure what deposit he's put down or anything though. Either way he's not got £600 to spend on tyres right now...
And as above he will be getting wheels and tyres next year anyway
SVM 286

17th Nov 14 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bought it in a hurry, he admits that.

Buy in haste, repent at leisure.

We all make mistakes like this at some point, to some extent or another. Hopefully he'll learn from this one Flaf and not do it again.
SVM 286

17th Nov 14 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt

True story. However. After spending £20k odd on the car and it being Christmas time, he doesn't have £600 to spend on tyres yet.

He spent TWENTY THOUSAND POUNDS, on a second hand Ford Focus (a ropey one too)?!

Don't suppose after Christmas he'd like to give me a couple of grand or so for a MK I Nova would he? Or a grand for a MK I Laguna?
AlexW

18th Nov 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A customer of mine, found out his Mk5 golf was crash damaged (not on HPI) when I did some work on it.

Due to the bad fitting of certain panels, and a leak, he took the car back, and they had sold the car he PX'd, so they offered him his money back, to fix the car, or to do a good deal on another car they had.

They did say if they'd still had his old car they would have come to an arrangement with that possible.

I thought, giving them all those options they were a bloody good dealer.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Returning a part ex'd car... 23 database queries in 0.0091820 seconds