corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car tax question again.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car tax question again.
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
31st Jan 15 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you tax a car a day early and still have it be effective from tomorrow without losing out on this month? Iirc with the old ways you were able to do that I'm sure, but does it still work with the new system?

The car is also on a sorn which might throw a spanner in the works.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's sorn then paying for tax today will give you the remaining 8 1/4 hours of the month for the price of a whole month. This is what Ian's petition was about a few months back.
Corsa_Sport21

31st Jan 15 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I suspected that would be the case with a sorn being in place. No rush I'll hang off till tomoz.

Thanks.

Out of interest, if it wasn't on sorn, could you tax the day before and not lose a whole month?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

31st Jan 15 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's taxed then yes it just continues from the period that you've already paid.
SVM 286

31st Jan 15 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if you haven't got the reminder, but you definitely can if you've got the renewal form with all your details on.

I renewed my tax for the first of January at my local post office on New Year's Eve and I was given a receipt to show that it ran for twelve months, from the 1st of Jan.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car tax question again. 23 database queries in 0.0116570 seconds