corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance payout time

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance payout time
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 15 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van got written off by a 3rd party in December. Their fault, no messing. Still not been paid out and they don't seem forthcoming with a courtesy vehicle (I declined at first as i didn't need one and thought it would only take a couple of weeks)

Any advice? I feel like they are taking the piss out of me so would love to fuck them financially.
Ben G

2nd Feb 15 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what you can do, but I know you can claim for taxi's or rental cars up until they pay out.

I'd phone the insurance company up and ask for a car as you have no form of transport.
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Feb 15 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do I need to get receipts for taxis?
Bonney

2nd Feb 15 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's for business use, can't you put a claim in for loss of earnings due to there been no vehicle?
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Feb 15 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still got other van so no detriment to work it's just annoying as i have to use the cherry picker to get about on a weekend which isn't ideal
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 15 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id possibly ring them rather than twisting on a car forum
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Feb 15 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's on my to do list tomorrow, so far I've just been fobbed off really.
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 15 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its annoying i imagine as you couldve took the hire car but decided to help them
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Feb 15 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, I just didn't see the point in fucking about for the sake of a couple of week, one of them I was on holiday for.
Dee25790

2nd Feb 15 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Consult camps solicitors with a look to getting them involved for a pay out. It shouldn't take that long. One of my exes had a company doing all the RTA insurance claims and slips trips falls etc. She had clients where the insurance had contested argued offered and made final payment all in less time than what you said they have taken so far..
Neo

2nd Feb 15 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had my crash I was making about 3 calls a day for the best part of 2 weeks till it was sorted. Just keep calling till you get it sorted
baza31

3rd Feb 15 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So that's why you wanted to borrow the vito.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance payout time 23 database queries in 0.0135591 seconds