corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car tax questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car tax questions
bigron1988

User status: Offline
24th Feb 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my recovery truck on Friday I taxed it the start of the month and did it on the monthly as I knew it was going soon, do I just cancel the direct debit and when the dvla get log book they will cancel it there end?

Buying a new vehicle on sunday(1st of the month) it has tax on it till may, I inow the previous owner gets the tax money back , but how do I go about taxing it to drive it back ?
johnny86
Premium Member

24th Feb 15 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your be ok to drive back I did with my bike if not tax it using the code on new keeper slip while your at he's house
bigron1988

24th Feb 15 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it already has tax on it so it won't let me tax it again will it ?
johnny86
Premium Member

24th Feb 15 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should do under new keeper slip
Corsa_Sport21

24th Feb 15 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it has tax on it under the new laws, then no you won't be able to tax it. He will need to cancel it before you can tax it.

It's not a case of you shouldn't do it, you just physically can't as it won't let you.

[Edited on 24-02-2015 by Corsa_Sport21]
johnny86
Premium Member

24th Feb 15 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive it home your be ok
bigron1988

24th Feb 15 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Drive it home your be ok

I'd rather find out the law on this and not just drive it home, it's not a £300 car that I want taking of me for not being taxed and its a 4 hour drive home
richardworrall
Premium Member

24th Feb 15 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll be able to tax it on the green slip 100%
--ToM--

25th Feb 15 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah iv sold 4 cars recently all taxed on the monthly I didn't cancel I justvsent the logbook off and the DVLA will issue any refunds based on the date of sale/transfer written on the logbook
As for tax my vxr was 5 hours away and had tax sllready but I taxed it at the guys house using green slip there's s box you tick online to state your the new keeper then once they receive logbook with proof of date of sale/transfer previous owner will be refunded any money owed
Corsa_Sport21

25th Feb 15 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had tax on my Lexus when I sold it. Was done under the new system but when the buyer tried to tax it it wouldn't let him until I cancelled it.

I've taxed cars recently which were taxed under the old system and it let me do it no probs.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car tax questions 23 database queries in 0.0120161 seconds