corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised numberplate and car tax

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Personalised numberplate and car tax
Bonney

User status: Offline
6th Aug 15 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a new car on the 1st of June, which had a personalised plate which was been transferred, this got done and car went onto the original plate. I then taxed the car as with the new rules.

Then my personalised plate got transferred onto the car and it seems the road tax hasn't gone over, I only realised after checking online after getting bored.

Has anyone had this problem before as it seems £180 of my money has gone missing
AndyCorsaSport

6th Aug 15 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold mine a few week ago and the tax transferred over when I removed my plate, and the new owner taxed fine. May have confused the system with you putting another plate on it. Best bet is to call the DVLA. They will have records of it all on each reg and should be able to sort it fine.
Bonney

6th Aug 15 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still have records and reference numbers so I am hoping it is just a simple mistake.

I wouldn't mind but it's been over 2 months and it was showing as taxed when the transfer went through, but on the tax check site it shows as it hasn't been taxed from the day I got it.
richardworrall
Premium Member

6th Aug 15 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give em a call 0300 790 6902
Stuart H

7th Aug 15 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same problem. Bought an Astra from Arnold Clark which I payed them to tax. This went threw on the original plate but when I changed my private reg onto it about a month later it was never transferred over.

I never knew until I got a fine threw the door 3 months later. Phone call to dvla was pointless they told me to put it in writing which I did. Week later car was taxed correctly.
Stuart H

7th Aug 15 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told me when I phoned up they don't discuss it over the phone and it had to be in writing. Refused point blank. Cunts.
Bonney

7th Aug 15 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phoned up earlier this morning and got straight through.

Was told that when the plate was transferred over someone forgot to change the road tax too and that it would be sorted Asap, seems this new system is full of holes!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personalised numberplate and car tax 23 database queries in 0.0095110 seconds