corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring a reg plate?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transferring a reg plate?
kennySRi

User status: Offline
19th Oct 15 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know these threads come up loads but the DVLA have changed things now and there isn't much help online to know exactly what's what.

Basically I've just bought a new car and want to know the quickest way to get my reg on.

They say you can do it online but I can't see anywhere how long it takes to do that or if it's instant? You need the ref number from the v5 and not the new keepers slip, I have the ref number but will it mess things up with it still being in the previous owners name and he sends off the v5 off at the same time?

I think I can do it the old way where I'll just send the retention document and the new keeper slip with the the v60 but I'm not sure which way is the quickest.

Anybody done it recently?
RichRu

19th Oct 15 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think You need to wait for the logbook to come back in your name first then do it by post..it don't take that long had mine sent and back within 2 weeks but I think they say 6 weeks to cover thereselfs
kennySRi

19th Oct 15 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know by post I can do it straight away with the new keepers slip but was wanting to know first if it'll be any quicker by doing it the new way online.

Think the best way is just do it by post and like you say, should only take a week or two.
Norcy91

19th Oct 15 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing it online is now instant, this caught me out when I was taking my private plate off the car I was selling as I didn't have any plates made up yet, but I think they give you 7 days or maybe more to get all the plates/insurance updates sorted. So if you have the plates already, you could have your plate on the car tomorrow, much better than having to send forms off and waiting for everything to come back. You no longer get a replacement MOT sheet with your new number plate on, just an updated V5.
AndyCorsaSport

20th Oct 15 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Online is instant not for putting on and removing.

I sold my car, took a deposit and said I'll let him know when the plate is ready to come off. Didn't realise it was instant and I hadn't found a new car so made him wait a week saying the plate wasn't off yet
kennySRi

20th Oct 15 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh that's good news then. Just need to wait for the old owner to text me the reference number then. Thanks guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transferring a reg plate? 23 database queries in 0.0110099 seconds