corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic Type-R or Mini Cooper S?

Poll: Civic Type-R or Mini Cooper S?
Civic Type-R 15 (60%)
Mini Cooper S 10 (40%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Civic Type-R or Mini Cooper S?
kz

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 15 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn’t decide... both the Civic & Mini were very nice. Civic handled slightly better, and I do think they look better. However it didn’t have service history since 2011 (reckons he just did it himself, but didn’t keep receipts) and it was generally just a little tatty. It hadn’t been cleaned in a while and there was two little dents (one I knew about) and fag burns on the seats. It was definitely ‘me’ though I thought on the test drive. To be honest I didn’t think the Mini would beat it.

The Mini is just mint. Slightly newer and (almost) FSH, just needs one right now unfortunately to keep it up to date. Even though it’s about 25bhp down on the Civic, I thought it felt faster... I prefer the delivery of the supercharger; comes into power a lot earlier than the high revving VTEC on the Civic.

Mint Vs mint, who knows, but of these examples, the Mini just felt like the better car, and a better deal. Looking at similar online, it seems about £1,000 under priced.

Time will tell if I’ve made the right choice. Only thing I’m gutted about is another boring colour lol... I did really want red or something!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

24th Oct 15 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cooper S everytime.
Loved mine. But gutted I got rid but I wanted something abit faster
It never gave me Agro atall apart from when the water pump started weeping. That was it.
Pulled like a train
Drove it hard pretty much everywhere. And personally I think it looked and sounded spot on.

Get yourself a intake, intercooler, exhaust and 16% pulley. You've got 215ish hp
Handle like a go kart out the box.
Only issue is the brakes arnt amazing but there easily upgraded.

Dave F airbox isn't quite as simple as drilling an airbox and fitting a filter
Although you can make your own for about £50 which is what I did.

Honestly you won't regret buying one.

Edit :
Couple of pictures of mine

[Edited on 24-10-2015 by FlaFFy_91]
kz

24th Oct 15 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's lovely mate! You've even made the Aero rear look good, which seems controversial lol.

What wheels are they? They're sexual. I quite like the 0.05 wheels, but don't like that you have to have stupid camber on the rear to fit them.
kennySRi

24th Oct 15 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have a mini over a civic anyway. Lovely cars to be in and drive. I was looking at buying an r53 for the winter but another car came up cheap but may still buy one next year. Love them.

The jcw grill is the first thing to get on any mini though, hate the look without them.
kz

24th Oct 15 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely mate agree, looks like a pain in the arse to fit to a non-Aera bumper though!
kennySRi

25th Oct 15 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not at all. I did up a mini one years ago with a full cooper s kit and on the forums they were all saying how hard jobs are. Easiest thing I've ever worked on. With the grill all I had to do iirc was cut a bit out of the bumper with a jigsaw. Didn't take long at all to fit.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Oct 15 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
That's lovely mate! You've even made the Aero rear look good, which seems controversial lol.

What wheels are they? They're sexual. I quite like the 0.05 wheels, but don't like that you have to have stupid camber on the rear to fit them.

Thanks buddy I like the aero rear end. If I was to keep to was going to just paint the inside bits of the bumper black

There Stuttgart st6's 16" 8" wide on 25 offsets. Fit perfectly with 205 tyres on.
Make sure you go 16". Handle so so so much better with them.

gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Oct 15 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have owned my civic for 5 years and its never put a foot wrong.

So running costs and reliabilty they wins hands down. Drive well too.
Only downer is if the red fades you cant polish it back.
They do have a bit of an image problem now as alot of them are owned by bellends

Whats the civic up for? as they vary in price massivly. Got a link as its local I may know it?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
antscorsa

27th Oct 15 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driven my dads EP3 a lot when he had it and loved the driving position, Huge inside with so much room and love that gear stick on the dash.
Have a cooper s at the moment and its tiny inside, boot is non-existent but it does handle like its on rails and is huge fun.

hard to decide whats better, depends what your needs are maybe.
kz

28th Oct 15 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
I have owned my civic for 5 years and its never put a foot wrong.

So running costs and reliabilty they wins hands down. Drive well too.
Only downer is if the red fades you cant polish it back.
They do have a bit of an image problem now as alot of them are owned by bellends

Whats the civic up for? as they vary in price massivly. Got a link as its local I may know it?

It wasn't really local, up in Hitchin. This was it, went crazy cheap in the end!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-Honda-Civic-Type-R-EP3-Milano-Red-untoched-by-boy-racers-/201450120436?hash=item2ee75ce4f4%3Ag%3AKhYAAOSw14xWIRrV&nma=true&si=LWwFGSv3pNJDdS%252FFPfRChOjAMOQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Oct 15 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt say its amazingly cheap. Be suprised what you can get for that money

kz

29th Oct 15 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't seen many facelifts going for that price!
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Oct 15 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the forums etc a few about

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic Type-R or Mini Cooper S? 26 database queries in 0.0156989 seconds