corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dash cam

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dash cam
Generation

User status: Offline
12th Dec 15 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to spend around £50 on one.
Must be easy to use and mount, any recommendations?
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th Dec 15 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mobius is around the £50 mark and I also have a G1WH which is more like £30. The Mobius is smaller, better built and performs slightly better. For the money, they're both very good cameras. The Mobius doesn't have a screen so it is very small and discreet. It comes with better support software and updates.

Depends on what you want from a camera as to which I'd recommend.

There are quite a few different sellers on eBay for the Mobius but this seller is the proper authorised seller.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/eletoponline365

Took less than a week to get delivered for me.

MX5 Project Thread
Stuart H

12th Dec 15 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got this one seems pretty good.
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/camcorders/dash-cams/transcend-drivepro-100-dash-cam-black-10130786-pdt.html
Stuart H

12th Dec 15 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and you can't get an easier one to use , there's 4 buttons on it can't go wrong.
Ronson

12th Dec 15 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a mobius paid £46 off bannggood.com (legit website like ebay) for it but you may have to buy the mount and charging cable you have the option to buy extras with it but I bought an 8gb SD card (ideal card is Kingston) and bout the windscreen mount and 3 meter charging lead from Hong Kong both came to about £8 lol

Quality on the mobius is fantastic too, it is purpose built and wide lens, in the sprinter van positioned just below where the interior mirror would be on playback I can see both A pillars! Night quality is pretty good too, I'll upload some videos if you want, may not have any daytime ones atm though.

[Edited on 12-12-2015 by Ronson]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Dec 15 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321164798255&globalID=EBAY-GB

HD 1080P Smallest Camcorder In Dash Car Camera Video Recorder DVR Cam G-sensor

These are pretty popular with the skoda forum. Great size and very discreet.

Dash cams wouldn't be suitable for me though

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ronson

12th Dec 15 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link to where I got mobius one from http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-Mobius-New-Version-Wide-Angle-Lens-C2-1080P-HD-Mini-Action-Camera-wp-Uk-985644.html read the spec of this before making a choice! Really is worth the money!

Someone has even written a detailed user guide for it that you can download, not only does it film it 1080p it does 720p and takes photos.

[Edited on 12-12-2015 by Ronson]
Ben G

12th Dec 15 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently bought myself a transcend 200 off amazon. £59.00. Supposed to be a decent bit of kit, but it is quite big due to the screen on the back of it.
Generation

13th Dec 15 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you everybody for help, I'm looking through them all
Ronson

20th Dec 15 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which one did you buy? Personally I would advise against a cheap one as the batterys tend to be a bit naff, the Mobius I have is awesome!
Rob_Corsa

1st Jan 16 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is mine fitted in a Corsa C. Had it 2 years now and just had to replace the battery(Lithium Polymer).

Its a Mini0801(new versions around now), there are complaints about reliability but mine has been fine. Video quality is great and unlike many cameras, its very discrete.

]

[Edited on 01-01-2016 by Rob_Corsa]
Ronson

1st Jan 16 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was gonna get one of them but decided on the mobius for wide angle lens
Rob_Corsa

2nd Jan 16 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
Yeah I was gonna get one of them but decided on the mobius for wide angle lens

Mobius Lens C - 132Deg
Mobius Lens B - 116Deg
Mini0801 - 135Deg

I do like the size of the Mobius plus its easy on them to swap the potentially dangerous & unreliable(over time and at low temps)LiPo battery for a supercap. If this ever fails I will get a Mobius.
Ben G

2nd Jan 16 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted mine today. Bit of an arseache wiring it in neatly, but made a decent enough job of it for now. Just need to figure out how to remove the windscreen trim so I can tuck it all in behind that, rather than the sunvisor. It is a bit large, though isn't very noticeable outside. Will give it a try and see whether I like it.

[Edited on 02-01-2016 by Ben G]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Jan 16 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a bullet one like Rob, hidden behind my mirror.
it saves in minute long videos no matter what loop time its set to.

only part you can see whilst driving is the power cable. its installed pretty neatly

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dash cam 24 database queries in 0.0147588 seconds