corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Still not got my car back after 5 weeks,Crank problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Still not got my car back after 5 weeks,Crank problems?
Gary GSi

User status: Offline
   19th May 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took it in for an engine rebuild because it was using a litre of oil every 100 miles and it was spitting oil out of the exhaust. The engineer had the crank for 2 weeks to regrind it then it went somewhere else with the flywheel to be balanced and all my pistons are fucked and there is alot of bore wear in the cylinders so it is being rebored and i am having new oversized pistons and while it is being done i thought i might aswell have the head ported and polished aswell. I just want it back so i can drive it
Adam-D

19th May 03 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think how good itll be to drive when you get it back
prob with more power aswell
Gary GSi

19th May 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i know,i am gonna put a Mantzel powerbox on it next,probably in 3 or 4 months time.
Adam-D

19th May 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need a grand just for me insurance all mods are on hold now

dammit!!
Gary GSi

19th May 03 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky.I had to sell my GSi kit when i first got the car so i could afford to insure it. I'm 20 years old and its £117 a month TPFT.
Steve
Premium Member

19th May 03 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot caused this?
Gary GSi

19th May 03 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Partly the previous owner not identifying it was using oil quick enough and probably running it with about half a litre in. I only found out 2 weeks after changing the oil after i bought the car and checked the level and it wasnt even on the dipstick. And partly due to me thrashing it from cold.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Still not got my car back after 5 weeks,Crank problems? 23 database queries in 0.0047910 seconds