corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pass Plus = Cheaper insurance???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pass Plus = Cheaper insurance???
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   27th May 03 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,
just need to know how much cheaper my insurance would be if i had the pass plus??? im currently paying 3300quid!

is it to late for me to do the pass plus test, ive had my licence over a year???

Cheers
Adam_B

27th May 03 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the fuck do u drive ? I always forget to mention mine cos i never got a certificate or anything.
Wolf In Welsh Clothing

27th May 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too late i think!
My insurance wouldn't give a discount any way!
Ring your insurance and see if you get a discount for a police driving course!
Getting a cat1/2 alarm/immobiliser may also reduce your insurance, ring and ask them as all companies are different!
MikeH

27th May 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think pass plus = the equivelant of 1 years no claims
CRB 553

27th May 03 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pass plus is for women and people who have no general awarness......my driving instructor said it was a load of wank and i shudnt waste my time coz for the money its not worth it...
Laney

27th May 03 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It saved me about £1000 on insurance
MoNkEy MaGiC

27th May 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys,

i guess pass plus is out the window then, its over a 100quid to take the test but i think it will only reduce the bloody premium by 100quid anyway, so guess would be waste of time.
paul_spurrell

27th May 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CRB 553
pass plus is for women and people who have no general awarness......my driving instructor said it was a load of wank and i shudnt waste my time coz for the money its not worth it...

it saved me £600 and gave me 1yrs no claims straight away.
Makarus

27th May 03 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got 20% off of my insurance for Pass Plus. Only cost me £27 do do aswell, did 1 hour and a half of driving, paid for the paper work and got £300 off of my insurance, can't complain.
CRB 553

27th May 03 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perhaps i stand correct, appologies lads....wudnt make much diff for me neway coz am using a company fleet policy.
markandrewrollason

27th May 03 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was lucky i suppose coz i was pally with the driving instructor, gave him £50 he gave the the pass plus, im now the happy owner of a T reg corsa sxi 16valve its £809 a year fully comp paid monthly and thats with norwich union (there really quite good for young drivers) www.norwichunion.co.uk

Im 19 by the way and had 0 no claims discount so i would say its worth it. Dont know about the company policy thing would have to see who your companys insurer is and see if they deal with pass plus as i think only about 10 insurance companies accept it.
Kris TD

27th May 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only company i know that accepts it is CIS. most dont even count cat 1 alarms anymore.
Red_SXi

27th May 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
I got 20% off of my insurance for Pass Plus. Only cost me £27 do do aswell, did 1 hour and a half of driving, paid for the paper work and got £300 off of my insurance, can't complain.

The rules of Pass Plus are that 6 hours of extra tuition are taken, covering Motorway driving, Town Driving, Country driving, Night driving, All weather driving. All areas that were already covered from previous driving lessons can be covered by discussion, so can areas that the driving instructor isn't able to cover (e.g. night driving cos he don't give lessons at night)

I know this cos my Dad is a driving instructor, who is Pass Plus registered. Vauxhall insurance acknowledge pass pluss too, giving around 400 - 500 back.
Rob H

27th May 03 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got £300 off for doing pass plus, which i though was good. Only thing that helped me was the motorway driving, as the motorways are always busy by me (Nr M5 M6 interchange: one of the most congested roads in the country)

Glad i took it as the first time i drove on the motorway afterwards, was an 80 mile trek from Manchester, after id just bought my car... and i deffinatly didnt want to crash!
dousey

27th May 03 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus

Ditto
Adam

28th May 03 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Direct line accept them as well but it has to be done in your first year of driving
Makarus

28th May 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the reason why I only did an hour and a half worth of actual pass plus was because I had been with my instructor for all the time I was learning, he had seen me drive in towns and country side, he had seen me drive at night and in the rain, the only 2 things he hadn't seen was motorway driving and city driving. So what he did was make me drive down the motorway to Nottingham, drive round there for a bit and then drive back up the motorway. Easy as pie and saved me loads of money.

New Poll