corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice needed, please help!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice needed, please help!!!!!
vitasport

User status: Offline
12th Aug 03 at 05:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could someone please tell me why et45-49 is best for Corsa? Is it for the rubbing reason? Or is it for handling reason? I don’t mind doing a little mod to my fenders for wider track. But if this will affect my handling, I will stay with et45-49. Please keep in mind performance is what I’m after. I’m currently looking into 7x17, 7x15 or 6x15. If anyone had any experience with this? Please help!!! Thank you all in advance. Vitasport
diddon

12th Aug 03 at 05:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From Tutorials and FAQ section:

The Perfect Offset of wheels when buying alloys of any sort for your corsa is the ET49, however very few wheels manufacturers make this offset.

Their are however some like Raceline, Speedline and Vauxhall themselves. The further away from ET49 you go the more hassle you will have especially if you are having BIG wheels and a Very low corsa as they will scrub badly at your arches. ET45 is reasonable and you will find no real problems with scrubbing depending what kind of drop you are intending and size of tyres.

ET35 however is quite common to have the wheels sticking out from the arches and make it near impossible to go Very low.

Just need to look for things
vitasport

12th Aug 03 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it for the rubbing reason? Or is it for handling reason? please help i need some Knowledge here! cause i don't know too much about this subject.
diddon

12th Aug 03 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a b or c
vitasport

12th Aug 03 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry! i currently have a corsa b sport. your advices would be greatly appreciated
diddon

12th Aug 03 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size alloys 15",16" or 17"
vitasport

12th Aug 03 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm thinking about 7x17 or 6x15. what do you think will be best?
vitasport

12th Aug 03 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but back to the main subject of this link, why et45-49 is best for Corsa b? Is it for the rubbing reason? Or is it for handling reason?
vitasport

12th Aug 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on! some body on this board must know. some of you must care about performance and not just looks i much rather have a good handling car then just a looker that doesn't drive or handle right. so if anyone out there has any idea why et45-49? please kick down some knowledge.
M4tt

12th Aug 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because the the closer the offset is kept to standard the better the car will handle, and there is less chance of scrubbing.

running ET 35 atlers the cars suspension geometery and changes handling.

im currently running 15's on an ET42 offset, hadles better than it did, but it tram lines a lot more.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Aug 03 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vitasport - BOTH reasons, handling and fitment. If you're after handling then go smaller - ie. not 17s.
vitasport

12th Aug 03 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool dudes thanks for the great advices.

New Poll