corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Corfu- Anyone been??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corfu- Anyone been??
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
13th Aug 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at getting a late deal with the girlfriend. Booked 15-30 September off work. Probably going for 7 days.

Whats it like. Would like a place not too busy but just right with the girlfriend. Don't want loadsa lager louts or groups of lads around.

Got to bloody save now!!

Can't wait to get away from fcukin work and enjoy myself
Chris@Speedfreex

13th Aug 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heard its meant to be really nice, and a nice place to take the miussus especially me and kez might be goin there next year,
Daimo B

13th Aug 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been twice. Good place for a relaxing holiday is (Sp) Paleocastritsa. Its on the west of the island. Massive hills behined you to climb. Days worth of climbing, but superb views. Quite quiet, but theres quite a few restaurants. Not many bars thoguh, and no clubs.

Kavos, well, most well known, down far south, party capital of Corfu, but imo, uit was a sh1thole.

A place thats between the two withr egards to action is Sidari, far north of the island. Its more busier that Paleo, but far less busier than Kavos. Good choice between the two.

My advice, hire a scoota, travel the island. Its not really the kind of place to go out with the boys (bar Kavos), but its a good place to relax, travel round. Its VERY VERY hot though. Temps are usually higher than the likes of crete etc.

WE had our themometer up to 47 degrees in the sun!!!!!!!!!!!
stubbsy05

13th Aug 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet. I want somewhere with bars, resturants and fcukin nice beaches! Not bothered with clubs.

Im 18 with a full Uk driving licence. Could I hire a scooter? And could I have my bird on the back as she hasn't got a licence?
elfunkyo

13th Aug 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Zante last year with the missus and I'd recommend the place to anyone, we stayed in Laganos(sp?)
Daimo B

13th Aug 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look towards sidari then. Sandy beaches. Not great ones, but ok. Quite touristy.

Yeah, u should be able to hire a scoota. Make sure u take your driving license with you. Its about £70 for a week or summit. I can't remember.

My advise though is to take it very very easily. I'd been riding a few years when i went out there, but still see a few bikes crashes where people didn't know what they were doing.
Chris@Speedfreex

13th Aug 03 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the style of driving onthe continent is horrendous
whitter45

13th Aug 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paleo in corfu mate. just cime back from it with the girlfriend. stunning place but really quiet-but that was ok cos i was with the ball and chain. the resort is lovely. hiring a scooter ill be no problem i hired a car which was even better but u have to be over 21. if you stay in paleo go to the water park butnot through the rep. the water park is only a 15 min drive away so go on ur scooter far far cheaper. it was working out at £30 extra for two of us with the rep for the coach journey of 15 mins. not worth it mate. i drove to sidari which was nice but by far the best location is paloeo. the views are out of this world. go there mate and go to the bella vista resturant. it is 800 ft above sea level and you get a view of all of corfu. hope that has helped!
Daimo B

13th Aug 03 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, eaten there. We climbed right to the top of that "hill" Was wicked! Very tiring though.
whitter45

13th Aug 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really nice aint it. its worth it just for the view u have to see it to believe it. yeah ur rite mate its not a hill-understatement of the year the car i had barely made it up. hats off to u for walking it
Tom

13th Aug 03 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went in june with mrs for my birthday

Stayed on east coast (pebbles ) in a quiet hotel (get good deals on all incl tho!) went to messongi and to aqualand which was cool, i heard sidari is meant to be best place for relaxing but not too quiet holiday with bird.

Get yerselves on a 'leon' famous boat trip to greece was well sound

Very hot most year round, and not 'that' cheap but good shopping in corfu town (if u wana risk dying on the roads on the way there )

I'd say defo worth going......
pink princess

13th Aug 03 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i stayed in Ipsos! that had a lil bar strip thing!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Corfu- Anyone been?? 23 database queries in 0.0111289 seconds