corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sri lower front grille

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sri lower front grille
Paul H

User status: Offline
7th Sep 03 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
£11 for that grille. I wouldnt have expected vaux to sell such a part so cheap!! its massive!!

Matt
Thats what i thought when i heard the price.got mine on yesterday. here are some piccys

[img]http://[/img]

[img]http://[/img]

looks ok with the steiny grille i think..just got to put a splitter on it now
corsa-sxi

7th Sep 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u said it was a pain to fit...how come?..cant i just pull the old 1 out and stick this 1 in..or is it motr complicated
SLSXi

7th Sep 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read my 1st post. if u have a irmscher front its more difficult.
Paul H

7th Sep 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
u said it was a pain to fit...how come?..cant i just pull the old 1 out and stick this 1 in..or is it motr complicated
all the fog lights and stuff bolt to the lower grill and you have to take them off to get the grille out.it's easier if the car is in the air.you have to unbolt the horn then unclip the the 3 clips that go on the crossmember then push the grille out thats the easy bit. getting the new grille to clip back onto the bumper is a nightmare plus there aint much room to do it..looks good though when done..just takes patience which i aint got much of.
Paul H

7th Sep 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SLSXi
read my 1st post. if u have a irmscher front its more difficult.
i bet yours was i right twat i wouldnt want to do it with spoiler in way as well
SLSXi

7th Sep 03 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it was! lol! i found it easier to take the bumper off so i had more room and could see what i was doing.
i had to trim the new grill down loads as the top lip of the spoiler sits into the old grill! got there in the end
Paul H

7th Sep 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah it was! lol! i found it easier to take the bumper off so i had more room and could see what i was doing.
i had to trim the new grill down loads as the top lip of the spoiler sits into the old grill! got there in the end
i wanted to put the irmscher splitter on mine.do you think it will go on ok or will the grille have to come out again ?
SLSXi

7th Sep 03 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine had the spoiler fitted to his new SRi which had this grill as standard. vauxhall were going to just put a sxi grill in but they managed to trim away a small part of the bottom of the grill so that the spoiler could over lap it. its hard to explain really. but it can be done.
Paul H

7th Sep 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
a mate of mine had the spoiler fitted to his new SRi which had this grill as standard. vauxhall were going to just put a sxi grill in but they managed to trim away a small part of the bottom of the grill so that the spoiler could over lap it. its hard to explain really. but it can be done.
cheers for that.thats good news i like the irmscher splitter it's not too over the top.
CorsaLad16v

9th Sep 03 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just rang vauxhall about the grille n they sed it came wiv the full bumper for £150.. surely they dont no what they're talkin about most of the time

[Edited on 09-09-2003 by CorsaLad16v]
Paul H

9th Sep 03 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaLad16v
just rang vauxhall about the grille n they sed it came wiv the full bumper for £150.. surely they dont no what they're talkin about most of the time

[Edited on 09-09-2003 by CorsaLad16v]
yeah they are talking crap.if you give them this part number they should find it for you V0013113426they must have got mixed up and thought you wanted the v grille which is part of the bumper.

[Edited on 09-09-2003 by chewbaccaman]
CorsaLad16v

9th Sep 03 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they knew what i was on about coz they asked if i had fog lights, i've been to a breakers yard ne way n they're orderin 1 for me, coz vauxhall r been n0bs
SLSXi

9th Sep 03 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they're talking out of their arses! dont listen to them. just go in, say you want a part ordering, give them the number and thats it.

how much are the breakers charging you?
CorsaLad16v

9th Sep 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they sed £25 at 1st, so i sed bollux i no i can get 1 for bout a tenner from Vauxhall if i keep tryin, so he sed ok i'll sell for £11 coz he's gotta order it n stuff, i wernt gonna argue hehe, shud be ere 2moro, i like to haggle lol
SLSXi

9th Sep 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont pay more than its worth! yeah haggle as much as u can

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll