corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do you have to tell your insurance if you drill the air box?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do you have to tell your insurance if you drill the air box?
antonOO2

User status: Offline
14th Sep 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex.S
I wouldn't tell em mate. With bigger mods like a 2.0 16V I will tho.

i shud bloody hope so too
starkmotorsport

14th Sep 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neshol
I meant keep it at home. You're always gonna get your car back before the insurers see it, aren't you?

No, the police can take it away. Or the engine bay may be so twisted that you cant physically get the airbox in or out. For the 21p they'll add to your premium, declare it.

Not declaring modifications can be seen as fraud and they WILL make an example out of you if you cross the line. At the end of the day, spend the few pence/pounds on your insurance instead of crap like MAX POWER and you wont have this hassle.

Or get a Pipercross...
antonOO2

14th Sep 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but tescos wont charge 21p did you see how much they wanted fr the zaust and springs .just waitin till i change now
starkmotorsport

14th Sep 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try CIS
CORSA NUT

14th Sep 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if you cause a smash say you crash into a merc and the damage is £5000 or somthing and they look ay your car and see you have changed it from the manufacturers requirements and not told them.

THEY WILL NOT PAY OUT!!! wake up!!

They will use ANY excuse not to pay out ANY exuse.

Take the Hayabusa motorbike for example,the manufacturer states that only 1 type of tyre can be used on it's bikes.The insurance company know this and if you fit another tyre and drop the fukin thing then they just walk away.
Tam the diesel man

14th Sep 03 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you ring up the insurance and say "i've er drilled my airbox" and they say "what the hell does that have to do with us"
it doesn't add any more power, it is a standard part. trust me they couldn't give a shit.
CORSA NUT

14th Sep 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or fit an Induction kit and tell them.I mean it aint gonna go up by £100 now is it
starkmotorsport

14th Sep 03 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tam the diesel man
so you ring up the insurance and say "i've er drilled my airbox" and they say "what the hell does that have to do with us"
it doesn't add any more power, it is a standard part. trust me they couldn't give a shit.

Its a MODIFICATION. Get a dictionary.

[Edited on 14.09.03 by Corsa Rally Car]
Tam the diesel man

14th Sep 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im with cis and i wrote my car off and i left a few bits on my car that were undeclared such as lowered spring and zaust. i got a full pay out. i understand about getting major stuff added on but a drilled airbox. i like to hear their reaction on the phone
vibrio
Banned

14th Sep 03 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they would probably tell you to fuck off and say they are not going to cover you
starkmotorsport

14th Sep 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, you have to think , its it worth paying a little bit more to DEFINATELY be covered, or save a few quid and chance it...
antonOO2

14th Sep 03 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Or fit an Induction kit and tell them.I mean it aint gonna go up by £100 now is it

thats is a possibilty with tescos ,they wanted 200 quid for a backbox and lowering springs for half a year
Neshol

14th Sep 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antonOO2
do LV have a website

are they good with mods

[Edited on 14-09-2003 by antonOO2]

http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/

Any mods allowed as long as they don't improve performance. You can get away with backbox easily. You should get money back if you cancel. I just cancelled my Endsleigh policy to go with LV, cunts only gave me back £400, meant to get bout £800 so be careful..
antonOO2

14th Sep 03 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neshol
quote:
Originally posted by antonOO2
do LV have a website

are they good with mods

[Edited on 14-09-2003 by antonOO2]

http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/

Any mods allowed as long as they don't improve performance. You can get away with backbox easily. You should get money back if you cancel. I just cancelled my Endsleigh policy to go with LV, cunts only gave me back £400, meant to get bout £800 so be careful..

cheers mate

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do you have to tell your insurance if you drill the air box? 23 database queries in 0.0109110 seconds