corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » i got flashed!!!!! But i Was Not speeding!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i got flashed!!!!! But i Was Not speeding!!!
cobra148

User status: Offline
17th Sep 03 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Ainsley_brader dont be such a dick.

People speed, sad fact, I admit I speed some times, and if people were honest everyone in the counrty would say they have broken the speed limit.

The fact about the copper and a child is this -
The child may not know better, it may not have road sense so it is not a deliberate cause of an accident. A copper chooses to do what he does and causes and accident without need.

I think Ainsleys comments are among the few on this thread that actually make any sense.
The way I read it, he's not criticising anyone for speeding. Like you say, we all do it, myself included.
It just makes me laugh with some of the stories you read about the camera has to be facing this way or that. It has to flash once, twice or even three times If you don't get a NIP in the post within a limited number of days they can't touch you etc. These should be with the fairy stories in my girl's books.
ainsley_brader

17th Sep 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt_jonesuk
quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
quote:
Originally posted by matt_jonesuk
no lessons to be learnt fact is a police officer with a speed gun i see as a hazard my dad was travelling behind someone and there was a copper with a speed gun and the guy in front wasnt speeding but he paniced and slammed on his brakes and my dad went into the back of him. You could argue that my dad was travelling to close

clearly he was!

but if the copper wasnt there the accident would not have happened

and if the copper had been a child that had ran into the road?!

the copper was about 30 metres away sitting outside his car on the island up ahead my dad wasnt speeding it was the fact the driver in front of him shit himself even though he wasnt speeding obviously he wasnt aware of his speed and who is aware of there speed at all times?

Who mentioned speed?
You said

quote:

You could argue that my dad was travelling to close

if he rear ended the bloke in front then clearly he was, the reason the chap in front braked is neither here nor there.
ainsley_brader

17th Sep 03 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Ainsley_brader dont be such a dick.

People speed, sad fact, I admit I speed some times, and if people were honest everyone in the counrty would say they have broken the speed limit.

yes i speed never in 30s or 40s but occasionally in 50s and all the time in nationals, so I never mentioned speeding!

The fact about the copper and a child is this -
The child may not know better, it may not have road sense so it is not a deliberate cause of an accident. A copper chooses to do what he does and causes and accident without need.

The fact is it could have been a child full stop. The accident wasnt caused by the police officer or by the person braking but by the person either not leaving an adequate space to stop in or by not concentrating!

Gav16v

18th Sep 03 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm not preaching about good driving or claiming not to speed, i learned my lesson as i already have 3 points and a fine

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll