corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Go-Karting, my results

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Go-Karting, my results
Daimo B

User status: Offline
26th Sep 03 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, myself and Courty went to Buckmoore park 2nite to go out on a 1 hour endurance rac. Never been to the circuit before, haven't go-karted for years, started 9th on the grid. Just as we were about to set of, damn rain started. WE went off anyway (on slicks )and everyone understeared into the 1st corner and i got into 8th. Just a bit slippy so on the next corner i went in fairly easy, and everyone in front went in well hot and spun leaving me to gain about 3rd place. I got overtaken, but the track started to dry and i was in 4th. Kept hammering it as hard as possible with the clear track. Pitted in for my changeover to me pal Garry, who also put in some cracking laps, to find my hand already covered in blisters plaster cured . Changed over a further 2 times, each time gaining and loosing places. At the end of the race we were close 3rd but Gaz got caught behined 4 cars, and 2nd was in front of those It took gaz a few laps to get passed, and 2nd was now 5 secs behined the leader (we + 20), but 4th was a further 30 seconds behined, so Gaz just brought it home enjoying himself 3rd ok, its 3rd, but when there is 22 other teams on track, we were chuffed to nuts. After 1 hour we were only 20 seconds behined 1st place.

I heard we were gonna get medals, but as we came out to the presentation stand, we see nice big trophies (wooden block with a go kart on a stand) for 3rd place and printouts of all our lap times.

Garry had a .100 odd faster laptime on me, but overall, we were very consistant putting in hard laps throughout the hour!

Cost £50, but it is deffo worth it, especially when we got a nice big trophey each

Fucking great fun. If u got £50, go for it.

Next step, the proper karts, 80mph. Poncy 70mph ones are too slow now
mav

26th Sep 03 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good luv go-carting..\not been to a huge circiut or that though all indoor stuff...

\but best fun u can ave like....\through they things into corners....
\usually takes me a few laps to get the handling but after that...

Tis dear though eh....?\well worht it though..
Colin.S

26th Sep 03 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound like a good night

I've never done karting b4, i must have a go.
Mistamist

i can feel a CS gokarting meet coming on!!
Mattb

not been carting in years, sounds tops......
jr

26th Sep 03 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bets bit of buckmore in my view is when u go down the hill towards the car park/paddock, don't no why just find it very challenging espically in the wet
Ben
Banned

26th Sep 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went few months back , 9 of us , i come 2nd , but got a bollocking bcoz i used my mate as a barrier and crunched him into tyres (they all fell ontop of him) its a gr8 laff , just sliding round them bends
Daimo B

26th Sep 03 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was so much fun. Luckily as i say we both used to do go-karting down our local place, spent wheeey to much cash

Trick is to go easier into a corner and power your way out, plus theres various other manouvers you can do to fool the other people Smoothness is the key!

Seeing as i will now be employed, i think a CS karting meet also would be good. I would also suggest Buckmoore, theres a website showing the circuit (1300metre track ) and it holds big national and internation karting races. Sh1t hot circuit!!
Daimo B

26th Sep 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
bets bit of buckmore in my view is when u go down the hill towards the car park/paddock, don't no why just find it very challenging espically in the wet

I loved it, seemed quicker than most through it as i did't back off at all, flat out! It goes left and i used that. Outbraked 4 cars in the little downhill/corner section alone.

Man on a mission tonight, wanted to do well
jr

26th Sep 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buckmore would be quality for a cs meet, got to be the best track in the country

jr

26th Sep 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also just before where the track goes down toward the paddock u come out of the infeild and accelerate down to that section flat out just clipping the left curb, great fun

i want to go again now
the_legend_of_yrag

26th Sep 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to kart alot when i was 8 for a couple of years, then lost interest, havent been for years, wish i'd never stoped now! Have to be goin soon though, a CS meet would be
GREG 1

27th Sep 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have x2 karts, raced them for the UK and being 1 inch fromt he floor travelling at very fast speeds 0-60 in 4 secs (quicker than a formula 1 from 0-60) is very fast !!

Used to love it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Go-Karting, my results 23 database queries in 0.0131860 seconds