corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP: Spraying Prices???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP: Spraying Prices???
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

User status: Offline
   13th Oct 03 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Black Corsa C and gettin kit soon just wondered how much i shud be looking at paying to get:
Front bumper
Sideskirts
Rear bumper
Plus all arches colour coded?

Cheers Marc
Kerry

13th Oct 03 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no idea on a price it varies greatly but to help on cost why not attempt some of the work i.e fittin the kit yourself that way u can say u played a part in it too and save ureself some money

ive got a bumper project goin on at the min and hopefully when ive done i will just be a case of gettin it painted then il fit it myself too

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by Kerry]
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

13th Oct 03 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gd idea never thought of that, suppose if i fcuk it up bodyshop can fix it!
Kerry

13th Oct 03 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well wot i did was get hold of a cheap any colour any condition rear bumper and then fit my valance and then im goin to do some smoothin and make a number plate recess fingers crossed. if it goes wrong i stil have the original bumper on the car and if it goes right i can sell it as its in a1 condition. then to actually fit the bumper back cant be hard, would be same as takin it off but in reverse
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Oct 03 at 00:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A couple of issues, bodywork is hard. Shops might charge more elsewhere to make up for the loss in you doing work. They'll also charge more to fix damage rather then fit stuff in the first place. You're also not insured against damage to your car when you're working on it.
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

14th Oct 03 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think im just gonna put it in the bodyshop where my m8 got his flip paint done, saves hassle of me messing it up. Just want a rough price really??

[Edited on 14-10-2003 by 1_Litre_Porsche_Beater]
diddon

14th Oct 03 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a quote on this a couple of months ago was about £350
SX_E_sxi

18th Oct 03 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my quote for a FULL colour codiing + fittin front & rear extensions was one thousand sixty quid. 32 hours work apparently
seems a bit steep, but it has to be done !! and will look the mutts nutts when it is
jacko

18th Oct 03 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine cost me £700 which incuded the front and rear extensions, side skirks and colour coding the arches and bumpers.

New Poll