corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bells Palsy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bells Palsy
Kathryn W

User status: Offline
29th Apr 12 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

Have any of you or know someone close experienced Bells Palsy?

I developed it 6 weeks ago... but lately the muscle has improved loads but my eyesight has slightly decreased, most things are now blurry and i don't know if its anything to do with the Bell's, the fact i can't shut my eye to blink so its not being cleaned to well or a random pregnancy hormone...

Any advice if you have any would be greatly appreciated!
CORSA NUT

29th Apr 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this very mildly for about 6 days not too long ago.

Have to say it scared me so much I was in pieces I thought I'd had a stroke at first. I was lying in bed watching TV and couldn't stop rubbing my eye as it felt really weird. Went into the bathroom and fuck me!! The whole left side of my face had dropped Most noticeable around me eye and mouth though.

As said it cleared up quick and GP said it was stress as the baby had us up for days on end and I was working really hard.

LeeM

29th Apr 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A work colleague got it a couple of years ago, scary as it came on during work and he was sat opposite me on the same desk! Think it took at least6 months before his face was normal
johnhara1

29th Apr 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10 years ago, my friend woke up with it one day, half his face paralysed, looked awful and had around 3 months off of school. He thought he'd had a stroke!!

Took about 6 months to get back to 99% normal, he's fine now but he can still see a difference in his face, i can't tell. He looks fine to me.

C2RL R

30th Apr 12 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a couple of people who had this. They are both fine now. One lad had to put eye drops in every few mins coz he couldn't blink on one side.
boylers11

30th Apr 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of my patients have Bells Palsy and a lot of the time, as they can't blink on that side, the cornea dries out, as the lids can't spread the tears about. Nornally, lubricating eye drops help, however, it may be nothing related to the Bells Palsy, so for the sake of a few ££, I would suggest a full sight test, to make sure it's nothing else potentially more serious. Hope this helps
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Uncle had that, scary as hell for him at first. Took awhile, but eventually his face straightened up and it's perfectly normal again.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kathryn W

30th Apr 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys!

Yes it was pretty scary to begin with, especially at 9 months pregnant and a week away from baby arriving! It's on its way back to normal now though tons better.

Boylers11 - think ill book myself an eye test to be on the safe side!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bells Palsy 24 database queries in 0.0122480 seconds