corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LDNP Car Parking Fine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LDNP Car Parking Fine
mwg

User status: Offline
24th Feb 11 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a few mates go Mountain Biking every week after work and park in Lake District National Park and National Trust owned car parks quite often. Most of them say you have to pay till 8 in the evening 7 days a week.

We never pay in the evenings and never had a ticket either cos the wardens don't go round in the evening. One lad has had a fine in the post from last week though in a car park where we have parked countless times before.

There was no ticket on the window and the first he knew of it was when it arrived in the post. It even detailed what time he arrived at and left.

Is there anyway to get off it? They want £90! Or £60 if you pay within 30 days! Do they not need photo evidence to back up that you were there? They must of had camera's there or they wouldn't of been able to log his numerplate and the time he arrived and left. They haven't sent a photo though.

Can they just send a fine out and not put a ticket on your car? Do they have any kind of authority as it's not like it's a council owned car park?!
_Allan_

24th Feb 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a mooch on pepipoo. I'm sure most aren't worth the paper their written on and can be ignored. I just wouldn't be going back in a hurry in the same car
ed

24th Feb 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First off, ask them to prove it. No ticket and no photo they can fuck off TBH.
stubs

24th Feb 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you 100% sure it's not council owned? Is LDNP the company the issued the fine, or the name of the carpark?

Best bet would be to register on here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/

There's plenty of good advice about parking tickets etc
stubs

24th Feb 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
Have a mooch on pepipoo. I'm sure most aren't worth the paper their written on and can be ignored. I just wouldn't be going back in a hurry in the same car

Beat me to it
mwg

24th Feb 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will have to get him to show me the letter they sent. My first suggestion was for him to ring them and ask them to prove it.

I'm taking a bit of interest in it partly for future reference when I'm parking my own car and also because this particular night I got a lift with him so I'm expected to pay towards the cost of the fine
stubs

24th Feb 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I will have to get him to show me the letter they sent. My first suggestion was for him to ring them and ask them to prove it.

I'm taking a bit of interest in it partly for future reference when I'm parking my own car and also because this particular night I got a lift with him so I'm expected to pay towards the cost of the fine

Be carefull... probably best not to ring them until he's sure it's not council. Best way to deal with them if it's not council (or police) is not to respond. They work on the basis that they need you to admit to the parking offence. By not responding, you're in no way admitting.
stubs

24th Feb 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I got a lift with him so I'm expected to pay towards the cost of the fine

TBH, if my mate got a parking ticket and asked me to pay, I'd tell him to fuck right off! I'd certainly chip in for a pay & display ticket... but it would be his choice about if he bothered or not. Would you chip in if he got a speeding ticket en-route?
mattk

24th Feb 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its not council or police, fuck it off. dont do anything at all
mwg

24th Feb 11 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's daft that he expects me to pay. I wouldn't ask him for money if I got a parking ticket with him in my car.

I also get the feeling knowing the type of person that he is that he won't just ignore it, he'll roll over and pay it
LeeM

24th Feb 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

find out if theyre legit. i got clamped with a mate by a company who turned out to be a bunch of cowboys so i cut off the clamps. police have been in touch to tell me theyre taking no action
stubs

24th Feb 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I know it's daft that he expects me to pay. I wouldn't ask him for money if I got a parking ticket with him in my car.

I also get the feeling knowing the type of person that he is that he won't just ignore it, he'll roll over and pay it

Fuck him... if he's such a mug, tell him to take you to the small claims court - you owe him nothing
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Feb 11 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends largely whether it's a fine or an invoice for services.

The former can only be issued by authorised parties, ie. council or Police.

The latter is only contractually binding if you were notified it was going to happen, ie. you saw a sign that detailed the contract.

In the latter case, they also have no legal power to force you to identify the driver and no power either to fine the registered keeper. Meaning if you don't admit to it, there's no possible way they can pursue it anyway.
mwg

24th Feb 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've emailed my what you said Ian and put your last sentence in bold. See what he says to it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LDNP Car Parking Fine 22 database queries in 0.0103490 seconds