corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ***national meet - part 3 hehehe***

Poll: ***national meet - part 3 hehehe***
  0-50 miles
  50-100 miles
  100-125 miles
  125-150 miles
  150-175 miles
  175-200 miles
  200-225 miles
  225-300 miles
  over 300 miles
  i dont even wanna go, so dont give a S**t

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***national meet - part 3 hehehe***
Drew
Banned

User status: Offline
4th Feb 04 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how far EACH WAY are you willing to travel??
Matt H

4th Feb 04 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gavin
Premium Member

4th Feb 04 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

150 miles.... thats a 3 hour drive there and back!

used to doing this trip from brum to suffolk so its not that bad!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Paul_J

4th Feb 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe forgot about the return journey- I just ticked one thinking 'thats not too bad, then though shit gotta do 2 of them added together'
Gavin
Premium Member

4th Feb 04 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just though about it.... 2 hours max.... its ok if the return journey is like the next day, but this gonna be like after 2-3 hours of standing around!

yeah.... gotta think about the round trip!

3-4 hours diving is alrite-ish!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody is asking you to drive for three hours , stand in a carpark and then come back again-----

I dont see why a six hour round trip is such a problem to people......

If it was in sheffield i would be leaving early, stopping a couple times for some munch- go to the meet, then do a bit of shopping- go for a beer then you drive back.

I do think the meet should be late morning/midayish- I would rather leave nice and early in order to drive back in late afternoon
Paul_J

4th Feb 04 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dr-pepper read my comment in the other post
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 04 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wasnt aimed at you mate

What was your comment- i cant be assed to sift through the other post lol
Paul_J

4th Feb 04 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for Dr.P

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
In my opinion........

3 hours drive is nothing- you set off early and have a couple of stops, and give yourself a bit of time to get back----anyone not prepared to make a 6 hour round trip in say an 18 hour period is a pussy.

I don't mind driving 3 hours, I did for the alton towers CS meet so you can't call me a pussy hehe... but that was for something good. Mate I felt cheated that first MK meet I went to, when I drove for about an hour to Milton Keynes, only to have about 4 cars turn up

I don't want to end up driving 3 hours, to be faced with a possibly not brilliant turn out - and just stand in a car park doing nothing, then turn round get in the car and do another 3 hours back!

Shows fair play you can drive distance to - you will be entertained and have a whole days fun from.

6 hours driving, just for a little while in a car park - am I a pussy for thinking thats not worth it?

I also personally feel, 2 seperate national meets on different dates (that people can goto both or chose which they goto if they wish) - that are located more 'ideally' to suit people will get a larger number of people attending each, than a national meet in the center of the uk.

imo.
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 04 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok read your comment now- im not having a go at you but i just cant see the point in having two seperate meets---

If we had a southern meet i am probably going to have to travel for an hour or so to get there- to see most of the cars and people i have seen at other meets.

I would rather take a couple more hours out of my day on one occasion in order to have a massive meet.

Your entitled to your opinion though- you go to more meets than most people on here
Paul_J

4th Feb 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True about the different people... but I feel it won't be a 'massive' meet, as you put it - since sadly as soon as things become too far away, people will stop venturing.

Dr.P I also feel that you will see people that you've never seen before - unless you claim you have seen everyone from SW, SC, SE, MW,MC,ME and other regions...
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Feb 04 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shower of girls, get in the car, point it at where we decide we'll be able to stay for longest and stop your bloody moaning
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
[
I don't mind driving 3 hours, I did for the alton towers CS meet so you can't call me a pussy hehe... but that was for something good. Mate I felt cheated that first MK meet I went to, when I drove for about an hour to Milton Keynes, only to have about 4 cars turn up

That first mk meet was a piss take- at least southend was good afterwards----not sure if you came or not.

At least you havent driven for around an hour to get to mk cruise on a sunday night only to come back after about 30 mins due to it being shit
J da Silva

4th Feb 04 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 hours is enough i think, for me anyways.
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 04 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You shower of girls, get in the car, point it at where we decide we'll be able to stay for longest and stop your bloody moaning

ABSOLUTELY

Two weeks ago i drove from oxford to hull- only to watch oxford united being humiliated in front of 22000 people------then drove home in stunned silence
Paul_J

4th Feb 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

ABSOLUTELY

Two weeks ago i drove from oxford to hull- only to watch oxford united being humiliated in front of 22000 people------then drove home in stunned silence

rofl
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
True about the different people... but I feel it won't be a 'massive' meet, as you put it - since sadly as soon as things become too far away, people will stop venturing.

Dr.P I also feel that you will see people that you've never seen before - unless you claim you have seen everyone from SW, SC, SE, MW,MC,ME and other regions...

but are people from the midlands going to travel south for southern section meet when they could just go to sheffield in a national meet-----The southend meets and mk meets never have massive turnouts----I honestly believe a meet in sheffield/leeds or evan birmingham in the summer could get a really good turn out.

How about charging a small amount to secure a venue---but having this paid in advance so we know exactly who will be attending- people are more likely to actually turned up if they have already payed for the venue
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Feb 04 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How about charging a small amount to secure a venue---but having this paid in advance so we know exactly who will be attending- people are more likely to actually turned up if they have already payed for the venue
Not out of the question, or alternatively people could stop being GIRLS.
Dr Pepper

4th Feb 04 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

ABSOLUTELY

rofl

You have no idea mate---that ranked alongside travellin to bury on a wednesday night in the snow---in order to watch oxford lose with a mighty away crowd of........................................22

I had four people in my car - made up twenty odd percent of oxfords entire crowd at the game
Andy

4th Feb 04 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe Kerry has a venue in mind that for £2 per car would allow us a decent place to meet without the risk and hassle of getting moved on
Paul_J

5th Feb 04 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

but are people from the midlands going to travel south for southern section meet when they could just go to sheffield in a national meet-----The southend meets and mk meets never have massive turnouts----I honestly believe a meet in sheffield/leeds or evan birmingham in the summer could get a really good turn out.

erm... firstly Birmingham was where I was suggestion... so I think mids people woudn't mind going there lol

secondly, what are you chatting about southern meets have never had big turn outs?

Hemel??? The Hemel meets (very south of the uk) had the largest numbers for a corsasport meet ever I believe, around the mark of 55-65 cars
Dr Pepper

5th Feb 04 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

55-65 cars- how many cars are on this site now??

A site this size could get double that if the meet was arranged in plenty of time

Im on the mini2 forum as well- they have a cotswold meet last year that was attended by over 200 cars- some came from the usa and europe!!!!!!!

Makes complaining about a three hour drive a bit trivial lol

And once again paul this is not aimed at you- I know you attend loads of meets

Imo the whole point of a national meet is to get a record turn out - this will not happen unless the venue is north of birmingham
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 04 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hemel meets have been well subscribed in the past as a lot of northern people are not girls.

Sort it out
Paul_J

5th Feb 04 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree - look at the distances people are willing to drive in the poll...

0-50 miles 2 (6.67%)
50-100 miles 9 (30%)
100-125 miles 5 (16.67%)
125-150 miles 2 (6.67%)
150-175 miles 4 (13.33%)
175-200 miles 0 (0%)
200-225 miles 0 (0%)
225-300 miles 0 (0%)
over 300 miles 5 (16.67%)
i dont even wanna go, so dont give a S**t 3 (10%)

the majority of people are voting around 100-150 miles or less!!!

Basically if the meet is too far away, most people won't drive there!

Just because the meet may be in the most central position in the country doesn't necisarily mean its gonna be the biggest meet.

Hemel was quite big as there was a large number of members located around it (say 100 mile radius) and others knew it'd be good so travelled there too.

dr.pepper I know mini meets are much bigger - but compare the number of people with modified corsas to number of people with a mini full stop -

Finally mate, I know you have plenty of cash. but thats at least a full tank and a half (especially the way I drive) ...

so say 60 quid!

to get to say sheffield and back.

So I pay 60 quid, to drive for ages, stand in a car park for a couple of hours, then return?

as I keep saying if it was for something different or a days activity fair play...

but a car park, maybe 30-40 cars... I dunno. 60 quid is a lot to me lol
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Feb 04 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hemel is 180 miles from me.

I've also done Northampton loads of times.

Its easy. Just point and wait.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ***national meet - part 3 hehehe*** 23 database queries in 0.0190740 seconds