corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whats better headunit :s

Poll: Whats better headunit :s
  Clarion DXZ838RMP
  Pioneer DEHP77MP

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats better headunit :s
Pablo

User status: Offline
13th Apr 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clarion DXZ838RMP

or

Pioneer DEHP77MP

Looking for better sound - Player all rounder

I will be running amps so

[Edited on 13-04-2004 by P4UL]
Dom

13th Apr 04 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the 77mp, so ive voted for that Plus it has 6.5v preouts, although not many amps will accept this , but to be honest, i cant see it buggering anything up (im not running any amps at the mo, but would be nice if someone corrected me on this). Its very simple to use, plays mp3s no probs (has only been fussy once on a cd i used in the last 7 months ive had it).
Although its nothing flashy, packs alot of features though and has an alu facia

Although CarAudioDirect.com do it for £230 (its where i got it from)
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6.5v what difference will that make, did u look at spec of Clarion
Underwood

13th Apr 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go for the Pioneer DEHP77MP man
Dom

13th Apr 04 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol boss...basically the higher the voltage the preout *usually* the better quality of signal and its more powerful therefore, by the time it gone from the front to the back, it is still fairly high, like 5volts, where as, if you had a 2v preout, it will get the amp at 1v (very rough figures).

So in theory mate, its better quality, although alot of amps only have an input of 1-5v or 5.5v, but im not sure if an amp will bugger up it it recieves an extra volt of input power

Best bet, look at wot amp your getting and see what the input voltage range is but tbh, i doubt it will do anything major to the amp if it a volt over, unless the input voltage range is really low, like 0.5-3v or something.

Also, look up reviews in google mate thats what i do, and the 77mp came out the best for the money against the ones i was looking at

EDIT: Clarion looks alright, has 4v preouts, but has two RCA aux ins, which the pioneer doesnt have without having to buy a pioneer adaptor box (about 99 quid). So if you plan on getting a DVD player, screen, TV tuner or PS2 or use a ipod etc then it would be useful. But the clarion looks tacky to be honest, loads of plastic buttons, but has some nice features though

[Edited on 13-04-2004 by VisibleMan]
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0.3v input sensitivty :boggle from wot i can see
Dom

13th Apr 04 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P4UL
0.3v input sensitivty :boggle from wot i can see

it should be a range, like 0v-5v or something?
although i cant see going over that being a problem, depends how good your amp is etc Might be worth contacting your amp manufactor and ask them about it if your worried about frying the thing
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im scared now
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kenwood KAC-1023
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P4UL
Kenwood KAC-1023

That will power sub and Maystar QX500 power the front speakers
AdiSRI

13th Apr 04 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always like alpine units meself, and the new range are supposed to be even better.
For the price range u r looking at y not consider this aswell

Alpine- CDA 9830R

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+9_81+products_id+2436

Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it would work ok with my amps ?!

Cos as said above ^^ dont wanna fry it With head unit being too powerful
AdiSRI

13th Apr 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpines are 4v preouts which are fine.
if u want good sound, not a flash looking unit then alpine are always the best.
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't like old model,. but this is much nicer to look at thanks mate, u jus found me my new headunit
AdiSRI

13th Apr 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs m8, hope its not too much more than the others!
Dom

13th Apr 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally im not a big fan of alpines. Its like merc's and sony tv, you need to spend lots of cash to get anything decent, and even though people say that the Alpine 280 quid HUs are the muts nuts, but i have to disagree. They sounds alright, but nothing special and you dont get many features for the money But maybe thats a good thing, i dunno Also, when i was playing with my mates one (a 9813) everything felts very jap - plastic buttons etc

However, Alpines top stuff is MINT and i heard a DVD screen flip up jobby (dont know model sorry) and that was very impressive, packed with features and it sounded the muts. But then again that was a grand + unit

personally paul, get yourself down to a local ICE dealer and listen to a few HUs. Also, have a fiddle with ya mates HUs and see what they sound like with the rest of their gear etc Also, google some reviews mate! or buy some mags! its alright asking for peoples opinions on here, but everyone is going to be biased towards what ever they have got, whereas mags and reviews on the net are from customers and professional people, plus they will help to know what to look out for

As for the preouts being 6.5v on the pioneer, i doubt they will fry anything otherwise they wouldnt produce the HU My point i was getting at is if your getting a cheapo amp then it might give it some problems, but if your going for a decent manufacture and quality then you will be alright
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a cheaper alpine single slot cd b4, didn't like it... this ould b similar ??

I love Pioneer, always gone bak to them ?!

Should I stick with them then ??
AdiSRI

13th Apr 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 2 year old alpine mp3 hu and it still sounds areat. Its a 60w (peak) x 4 jobbie and i ran speakers off it for ages happily.

The buttons are plastic, but the vlume control is nice and the bass engine features are really good for the money the units cost.

Dud feature on them in my eyes is the Media Expanded, never use it sounds crap!
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may stick to Pioneer I know wots i like
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL I hate makin choices
Dom

13th Apr 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It took me about 2months to decide on what HU to go for mate, because i didnt want to buy something just because of its price etc

So work out what you budget is, pick (5 max) some HU you like the sound of (obviously staying away from the shite stuff, like Sonys) then go hunting for some reviews in magas and google and listen to similar mates HUs etc etc This is what i did and i landed with the pioneer Did everything i wanted and it wasnt flashy (no images of CDs spinning around or dolphins etc) which was the main thing - to stop the young pikeys nicking it
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is wot i agree with and if u already done all the reveiw search etc then cool, new apline bit too much only £50 but i'll b skint if i get this and Im lovin pioneer sound thats wot I have atm but need MP3 if it had that id b happy so might make sense to stick with wot I know
AdiSRI

13th Apr 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get whichever you are happiest with, neither wil be a dissapointment i doubt.

Just remember mp3's dont sound great and on a good sound system u can hear it.
Pablo

13th Apr 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember that from old system, but I got so many may as well use them
Dom

13th Apr 04 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
get whichever you are happiest with, neither wil be a dissapointment i doubt.

Just remember mp3's dont sound great and on a good sound system u can hear it.

i use mp3s all the time, but then again im not running a decent setup, just the 77MP and a set of infinity comps up front. Only thing i recommend is that you use decent quality mp3s, so say bye bye to your 128,160 kbit mp3s I noticed a big difference between 12/160 and 256/320s, although every mp3 is encoded differently etc.
Also mate, if your going with the pioneer, use some decentish CD-Rs and burn them fairly slowish (24x or slower if you can). Nout wrong with the HU, but i have been told that burning mp3s/audio at slower rates reduces the amount of "hic-cups" that can occur

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll