corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bro has 4th crash in 10 months

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bro has 4th crash in 10 months
ScottyBrum

User status: Offline
4th Jun 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from seeing the mess of my bro's ZR, He works for Rover and is on the ACOP's scheme. He 1st had a rover 25 and then smashed it 32 hours after passing his test straight into a lamppost.........Damage = 3k. The next one 5 weeks later was a skid into the back of a brand new range rover.....Damage = 1k. 3rd accident was the worst whilst going down a country lane and hit black ice and rolled it......Damage = WROTE OFF. And that brings me to this accident, pulling out of a junction and he said nothing was there coming either way - pulled out and a speeding VW polo going around 50mph skids and smashes front drivers side to pieces.........Verdict WRITE OFF!!
I feel sorry for the poor little git - i just hope the blame gets put on the Polo or else he won't be getting another ACOPS car or any other car as the insurance will be astronomical
Ben
Banned

4th Jun 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems like its his fault , wants banning i think .

a car dont just appear , he dint look
Corsa_Sri_93

4th Jun 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, that's spot on!
ScottyBrum

5th Jun 04 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm well the 1st two accidents were his fault yeah, the 3rd accident he was doing 40mph in a 60mph and hit black ice - unlucky and this one..........well wouldn't you be p****d off if you was pulling out of a junction on a blind bend and a car doing 50mph in a 30mph ploughed into you?? So yes ben the car did just appear......20mph quicker than it should have been. I was there after it happened and he said to me that he knew it was a bad bend and took his time in checking. The length of the skid says it all really.............
Adam-D

5th Jun 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics?
dousey

5th Jun 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know it was doing 50mph
ScottyBrum

5th Jun 04 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah got some pics - post them up after weekend - in too much of a rush now, and 50 is guestimate cus if he was doing 30 then there wouldnt have been a skid as long as there was.
Adam-D

5th Jun 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky but were police involved get photo evidence of skid marks etc cos if it does go on your bros ins then he's fooked
ScottyBrum

5th Jun 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah police attended, my dad took photos and measured the skid the coppers only measure it if theres injuries or a fatality.
Adam-D

5th Jun 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good cos hell never get insured on anything other than a fiat panda if it comes out of his insurance
Ben
Banned

5th Jun 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate cars dont just appear out of nowhere , he should of been more precautious rather than just pulling out, i know why ur sticking up for him because if it had of been my brother i would do , but end of day it was his fault , even if the car was doin 1000mph , ur brother still pulled out , maybe he should of wound down his window and listened out for other cars
sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
maybe he should of wound down his window and listened out for other cars

lol, you actually do this?

check to see if its clear, pull away, no wait, i better wind down the window and see if my spidey-sense hearing can pick up a speeding car!!!

fair point but who would actually do that?
Ben
Banned

5th Jun 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i cant see yeh i will wind window down , i dont just pull of and hope for best ya twat

[Edited on 120102 by Ben]
sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol@twat, calm down ffs

i said check to see if it was clear first, can you not read? , are you under-educated?

id like to see a junction where you have to rely on your ears to know if anythings coming!

maybe you should wind your seat up a bit. or tilt the cap outta the way of your eyes - twat
Ben
Banned

5th Jun 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScottyBrum
hmmmm well the 1st two accidents were his fault yeah, the 3rd accident he was doing 40mph in a 60mph and hit black ice - unlucky and this one..........well wouldn't you be p****d off if you was pulling out of a junction on a blind bend and a car doing 50mph in a 30mph ploughed into you?? So yes ben the car did just appear......20mph quicker than it should have been. I was there after it happened and he said to me that he knew it was a bad bend and took his time in checking. The length of the skid says it all really.............

quote:
Originally posted by sfxer
lol@twat, calm down ffs

i said check to see if it was clear first, can you not read? , are you under-educated?

id like to see a junction where you have to rely on your ears to know if anythings coming!

maybe you should wind your seat up a bit. or tilt the cap outta the way of your eyes - twat

he said that it was a blind bend , which means he could not see the car coming down the road , obviously u look 1st , but if u cant see anything u dont just pull out . maybe u should read what people are typing

[Edited on 120102 by Ben]
sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

funny guy.

i like the way you jump to accuse the guy of it being his fault.

can you not read that the other car was speeding and left long skidmarks
M4tt

5th Jun 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i totally agree with ben, he pulled out in front of another car -

it happens to me all the time i want to drive into the cunts that dont bother looking.

And i also wind down the window and listen for other cars if i can't see, its sensible - may aswell use my other judgements if i can't SEE!
sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a stupid argument, lets drop it.

there is enough bullshit on this board allready.

ill take back my twat if you take back yours!
M4tt

5th Jun 04 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesn't matter if the other car was speeding, still had right of way at the end of the day.

the other car shouldn't of been speeding, but it had right of way and could be proved after a long battle of the speed, but an insuracne compnay will look at it as the brothers fault for pulling out in front of someone.

then its up to the brother to fight it.

i can totally see why scottybrum is sticking up for his bro cause i would too, but at the end of the day its how insurance and law work
Ben
Banned

5th Jun 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am just saying what i do mate , aint arguing, if i cant see ill just wind my window down as i dont fancy writing off another car
sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt

i dont want to carry on this argument, but ,

how can he be accused of pulling out in the path of another car when he cant see it coming, and if the other car had been sticking to the limit then it wouldnt have hit him, its not his fault its the other car that was speeding.

it dosnt look good for the guy with a record of crashes like that,
i aggree that he should probably be banned for writing off so many cars, but this most recent one I dont beleive to be his fault.

btw low frequency sound such as car engines is omni-directional meaning its very very hard to tell where its coming from.

Ben
Banned

5th Jun 04 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sfxer
quote:
Originally posted by M4tt

i dont want to carry on this argument, but ,

how can he be accused of pulling out in the path of another car when he cant see it coming, and if the other car had been sticking to the limit then it wouldnt have hit him, its not his fault its the other car that was speeding.

it dosnt look good for the guy with a record of crashes like that,
i aggree that he should probably be banned for writing off so many cars, but this most recent one I dont beleive to be his fault.

btw low frequency sound such as car engines is omni-directional meaning its very very hard to tell where its coming from.

PMSL @ that

is it ok to pull out then onto a road .

"sorry mate i just pulled out onto you , smashed up both are cars but never mind its no-ones fault as i could not see when pulling out

no wonder there is so many crashes on the roads
Ben
Banned

5th Jun 04 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and as for sound m8 , if u cant hear a car driving
quote:
Originally posted by ScottyBrum
doing 50mph

on a road u want a hearing aid , been serious, next time u come to a junction just wind ur window down , ull be able to hear them doing 20mph never mind 50mph

sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok , he DID pull out infront of another car but i dont beleive he is to blame for the crash, its probably a 30 zone because of incidents like this, there would have been road signs clearly marking the fact there was a bend with a junction on it.

i have nearly crashed into a lorry that pulled out infront of me, it was my fault. i ignored the signs saying lorrys turning, came round a corner and it was too late.
sfxer

5th Jun 04 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course you can hear them but try telling which direction they are coming from, you will be suprised.

anyway, i withdrew my twat,

the guy is obviously a poor driver, his past record speaks for itself, but i dont beleive he is the one to blame for this incident, he didnt brake the law, the other car did

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bro has 4th crash in 10 months 22 database queries in 0.2748432 seconds