corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » OPTIMAX - BP ULTIMATE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author OPTIMAX - BP ULTIMATE
big eck

User status: Offline
17th Sep 04 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read a few posts now and seen that people are using the stuff more often, does it make a noticable difference????

I've also heard that its BAD for your engine???
TRL

17th Sep 04 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been using it on my Golf turbo and 1.4 sport Corsa since Optimax was launched. Loads of miles and no problems.
Better response, more economical etc etc.

Tony
leeshez

17th Sep 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does make a difference
iceman

17th Sep 04 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wud say on a Turbo car coz it burns hotter yes it wud make a difference but with a N/a or standard car i wouldnt bother wasting your cash
broster
Premium Member

17th Sep 04 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use it on my corsa, i get an extra 10-15miles per tank from it, more if i drive harder, conpared to normal unleaded, also the car pinks a little on normal unleaded but not on optimax, throttle responce is a tiny bit better to!
Joff

17th Sep 04 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been watching the mpg for about a month and I'm slowly getting more and more miles out of a full tank with Optimax and Ultimate than I ever did with normal unleaded.

I try to stick to Optimax, but when I get low in Northampton, there's no Shell near me so I have to go for BP.
James R

17th Sep 04 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Optiamx is good to cklean the engine up internally, but once it's do that the benifit goes, I use it every 5 tanks or so.
broster
Premium Member

17th Sep 04 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

northampton is wank, the petrol costs to much!
Ojc

17th Sep 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay day today, I shall run whats left out of the Nova and fill up with Optiplop for the journey up to Billing.
broster
Premium Member

17th Sep 04 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wont notice the difference immediatly, takes 2ish tanks before u notice it
Joff

17th Sep 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 and a half tanks, plus you need to drive with fogs on for the last 3 tanks to release the full potential at it's molecular level.
nik

17th Sep 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always use optimax but only for the higher octane rating. Havent noticed any better mpg (its shit whatever) but gives me peace of mind. Don't bother with ultimate as everyone prefers optimax.
broster
Premium Member

17th Sep 04 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
7 and a half tanks, plus you need to drive with fogs on for the last 3 tanks to release the full potential at it's molecular level.

i find after 7.498764314 tanks i get the optimum performance, and i only have rear fogs does it make me faster in reverse
Joff

17th Sep 04 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does - if the day you're driving ends in a "y" you'll actually be able to travel into the future!

To go back in time, you need to modify the gear linkage.
broster
Premium Member

17th Sep 04 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, can u help me on sunday?
big eck

17th Sep 04 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
always use optimax but only for the higher octane rating. Havent noticed any better mpg (its shit whatever) but gives me peace of mind. Don't bother with ultimate as everyone prefers optimax.

Isnt ultimate the same rating as optimax???

Does all the people who use it have standard engines or do they have to be modded internally for better use of the stuff???
Fad

17th Sep 04 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read some aticle last year about how its not advisable for older engines due to the cleaning agents in the petrol cleaning the protective coke from the engine, some bloke was suing SHell as hisAstra GTE detonated due to this. (through mechanical reports)

This is why i dont use it....i put Esso super unleaded in all the time, got slightly better mpg and less pinking, but looking at opinions on MIGweb XE's were designed to run on normal unleaded altho it does feel noticbly cleaner on super unleaded.

Dont belive the hype on optimax or BP ultimate tbh prolly good for turbo cars and imports though.

broster
Premium Member

17th Sep 04 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by nik

Isnt ultimate the same rating as optimax???

Does all the people who use it have standard engines or do they have to be modded internally for better use of the stuff???

mines slightly modded but mapped on optimax, joffs is shit and less than standard
Ojc

17th Sep 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 50cc Aprilia RS used to go so much better on Optimax
Cybermonkey

17th Sep 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
I wud say on a Turbo car coz it burns hotter yes it wud make a difference but with a N/a or standard car i wouldnt bother wasting your cash

You are getting a higher RON figure from Optimax/Ultimate, there will be a power increase regardless of the engine type, As long as the knock sensor/RON plugs recognise the different fuel being used. The principals of fuel dictate that the higher RON figure leads to a cleaner, more efficient spark detonation inside the cylinders, therefore creating more power by adjusting the spark timing. All those that agree that it is a waste of money are talking from their asses, granted that you would not notice on a 1.2, but i surely felt the difference in my old 1.6. And the effects of using it should be felt within 2 tanks.
Ojc

17th Sep 04 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyberspunkey, I want your children and we can bring them up living in the water tower.
big eck

17th Sep 04 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
read some aticle last year about how its not advisable for older engines due to the cleaning agents in the petrol cleaning the protective coke from the engine, some bloke was suing SHell as hisAstra GTE detonated due to this. (through mechanical reports)

This is why i dont use it....i put Esso super unleaded in all the time, got slightly better mpg and less pinking, but looking at opinions on MIGweb XE's were designed to run on normal unleaded altho it does feel noticbly cleaner on super unleaded.

Dont belive the hype on optimax or BP ultimate tbh prolly good for turbo cars and imports though.

This is exactly what i'm afraid of, I knew I read this article somewhere before BUT is there any truth to it????
Fad

17th Sep 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i value the opinion of a lot of ppl on MIG and as they know these engines inside out i'd take thew safe optin personally

plus using higher octane fuel means you have to replace your fuel filter more regularly too
PainZ

17th Sep 04 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have heard the BP version is just crap, its fucked up engines etc etc
Joff

17th Sep 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
well i value the opinion of a lot of ppl on MIG....

plus using higher octane fuel means you have to replace your fuel filter more regularly too

Replacing the fuel filter can only be a good thing - not enough people change this at service intervals.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » OPTIMAX - BP ULTIMATE 22 database queries in 0.0095360 seconds