corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CHEAP router

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CHEAP router
Pablo

User status: Offline
6th Oct 04 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanna b able to plug laptop and PC in to my broadband...!

Any cheap ones u can suggest?

MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

netgear dg834 u can get for about £50 +vat, dlink do some cheap one's around £30 to £40 tho many ain't got built in modem's - or u could by summat shit like an origo for £25 quid - conexant chipset there alright - until they get hot
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate gonna try and get it through company Basically I wanna b able to do some work from home so they can pay for it, but will be easier to get it through if its cheapo!

Gettin quote on netgear dg834
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool if company are paying for it get the netgear dg834g - wireless version no wire's trailing round the house - about £70 +vat
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How easy are they to set up? Do the PC's need PCI card? Laptops have PCMCIA card, hows it work?
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

laptop u can get pcmcia wireless cards, and pc ur better just connecting it via cat5 - cheaper - netgear router's are seriously easy to setup - just need username and password for your adsl - which isp u with?
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pipex

I might stick to the wire one, i will only use the internet on laptop wkends and some nights! Not gonna b cables running along all the time, altho wireless does sounds cool
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u'll be ok with pipex then - yeh just get dg834 thn and a couple of straight RJ45 cables - u'll be sorted
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, well will order tomoz get friday spoend the weekend trying to figure it out
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many Thanks for the opportunity to quote, please do not hesitate to contact me for additional prices and information,
I have supplied plenty of the Netgear ones - they are a good price and do work well, for a cheapo option this is probably best - I can get these at £65.70 each, and deliver for tomorrow ! ?
OR
DG834G in stock available for £90.51
OR
D-LINK £52.57
The DSL-504T is an ADSL Router designed for the small office and home. This router lets you quickly and easily connect to high speed broadband Internet and share your ADSL line. With a built-in ADSL interface, 4 10/100BASE-TX Ethernet switch ports and advanced router functions, this device gives your business and home a convenient and cost-effective way to install a secure, fast network with bottleneck-free link to the outside world. With this router, you can easily connect to your ADSL broadband line for Internet access in your office or at home. This device automatically creates an IP number and assigns for each user, simplifying everyone's logon operation. A standard-based ADSL modem built into this router makes connection to the Internet a breeze. The router also incorporates four 10/100Mbps Ethernet switch ports, providing ready connection for workstations and servers, while saving you the cost and trouble of installing a separate Ethernet switch. The router provides NAT protection for your office and home users from any Internet intruders and hackers, plus VPN pass-through for extra security. It also blocks and redirects certain ports to limit the services that outside users can access your network. Virtual server mapping is used to re-task services to multiple servers. This router can be set to allow separate FTP, Web, and Multiplayer game severs to share the same Internet-visible IP address while still protecting your servers and workstations from hackers. The router supports constricted DMZ to redirect unknown packets to a dedicated server/PC behind the router, enabling a client (such as a Web server) to fully expose it to the Internet and ensure complete Internet application compatibility. This allows you to set up web sites and e-commerce business from your office while maintaining protection for the rest of your office LAN.
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P4UL
Cool, well will order tomoz get friday spoend the weekend trying to figure it out

lol nah m8 u'll have it sorted in 5mins, if not u2u me i'll sort it
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit pricey but yeh go for it m8 - especially if there delivering next day
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how would I get the laptop and PC online then, do I need to buy the cards seperate?? PCI and PMCIA card?
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with the wireless router - its also got 4 ethernet ports on the back - best thing to do would be to connect one into your pc using rj45 cable, as long as router/ phone line & pc are near each other - and then buy a netgear pcmcia wireless adapter for the laptop so u can use that anywhere in the house
AdiSRI

6th Oct 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The netgears are good sdstuff i have one cant fault it
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ORDERED, asked about Wireless PCMCIA card
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool make sure u get a netgear one tho - will be more reliable and easier to setup etc etc
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for help mate
Ally

6th Oct 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have netgear at home and at work (run by Richie ) and they are mazin
MarkW

6th Oct 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P4UL
Thanks for help mate

anytime
Pablo

6th Oct 04 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered the wireless one and PCMCIA card should be with me tomoz! Will install weekend tho, unless I can get away fromw rok, least then I can finish my emails and stuff at home when I get this, just do the manual shite at work Should mean I get home at a decent time !
Dom

6th Oct 04 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its only temp mate, then get a 5 quid nic for the pc, and crossover cable (fiver) and your sorted. wireless is alright mate, but its abit of a waste if your laptop isnt going far.

but yea, netgear stuff is pretty sturdy, got a wireless setup here (routers in the atic) and got 2 pcs running off our cable modem, works wonders just make sure u wack WAP on it, otherwise some pikey with a wireless card will get themselves free internet
Trucido

6th Oct 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wud of gone for D-link, good stuff
Nismo

6th Oct 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Netgear or if your not on a budget Cisco
Dom

6th Oct 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Netgear or if your not on a budget Cisco

most people cant really afford cisco stuff mate not when a decent router is in the 1-2k bracket, let alone the business stuff they do...mucho mucho mulla

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » CHEAP router 22 database queries in 0.1995621 seconds