corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone on here dyslexic???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone on here dyslexic???
stubbsy

User status: Offline
12th Dec 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi
been doing an asignment for uni this weekend and been finding it realy hard to get down on paper my ideas although when i think of the ideas there realy clear. was talking to a lecturer last week about it and he said you should have been tested for it (as my dad has it but realy bad spelling)

does anyone who is dyslexic have these problems, should i get tested as if it turns out i have it i get more time in exams etc also could explain a few things
JayC

12th Dec 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it, I'm alright on computers but reading and writing is a problem. My friend is severly dyslexic and when he went to uni he got a free computer in his room, a free laptop and in his second year he got a PDA. Get tested mate, like you said you would either be allowed to use a computer in exams or more time.

[Edited on 12-12-2004 by JayC]
Charlene

12th Dec 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother is dyslexic, he has bad spelling and sometimes gets frustrated because he can't write down what he wants to, he gets extra in school when doing exams aswell.

I would get checked like if your dad has it because it can be past through genes as well
stubbsy

12th Dec 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get soooo frustrated when i cant get it down but i know what i want to put. my girlfriend fears for her life when this happens
Adge

12th Dec 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have it mate, theres loads oif different forms of it htat you may have, i cant spell sumtimes but can read and write perfectly, however i find it hard putting stuff down like i always write stuff that doesnt make sense, its no bigger lots of people have it and dotn even know it!
Steve
Premium Member

12th Dec 04 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im dysclexclick
stubbsy

12th Dec 04 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i write things that dont make sense, they make sense when i write it but when i re read it it sounds sooo fookin stupid.
linz

12th Dec 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im dyslexic, not severly. I used to get really frustrated in exams knowing what i wanted to say but not being able to write it out properly. i have a problem with numbers, i get them mixed up, even reading them off a piece of paper, i just cant get them in the right order
Wolfy

12th Dec 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have it.
on a pc im fine, almost perfect. ( i blaime the keyboard!) yet give me pen and paper and i struggle badly. i was tested 7 years ago now but i think since i started my job 2 years ago and havnt written anything more then "12 items, 3 boxes ship via business post" its gotten worse.
Wolfy

12th Dec 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy
i write things that dont make sense, they make sense when i write it but when i re read it it sounds sooo fookin stupid.

you a member of saxoclub LOL
stubbsy

12th Dec 04 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been on a dyslexia website, answered the basic questions which most were pointin towards that ive got it.
they want £140 to do a proper test though
stubbsy

12th Dec 04 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am a member on there yeah
dont post much though
Wolfy

12th Dec 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there goes my joke then

and i got my test at school so it was free... i can request a free one through work if need be but i loose a day's pay... hardly free then. (yes our boss is a plum!)
stubbsy

12th Dec 04 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Dec 04 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The college I work for has an entire team of people dedicated to diagnosing and supporting this. I'm sure the uni will have something similar? If not let me know and I'll put you in touch with the guy in charge.
stubbsy

12th Dec 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vibrio
Banned

12th Dec 04 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy

I do that but I'm not dyslexic
corsa_jim

12th Dec 04 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am ,not badly tho spel thing fanetically (sp) or how it sounds like enuff stead of enough that sort got extra time @ school in exams can be embarassing @times lol hate filling out forms

Jim
Andrew

12th Dec 04 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad i have read this post. I know what i want to put on paper, just can't get it all down. I have the ideas but once i put pen to paper it doesn't go down. Also, i can't spell and i REALLY can't do maths. Failed a maths module twice so far Gotta do it again next semester. I RUFUSE to give up though as i BADLY want a degree. Managed a HND so far.
vibrio
Banned

12th Dec 04 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut
I'm glad i have read this post. I know what i want to put on paper, just can't get it all down. I have the ideas but once i put pen to paper it doesn't go down. Also, i can't spell and i REALLY can't do maths. Failed a maths module twice so far Gotta do it again next semester. I RUFUSE to give up though as i BADLY want a degree. Managed a HND so far.

sounds more like your problem lies with intelligence IMHO
mattwhite

12th Dec 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i mite be with you guys here
CorsAsh

12th Dec 04 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut

sounds more like your problem lies with intelligence IMHO

blackula

13th Dec 04 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dyslexia can take several forms, severe cases usually incorporate other factors though and general learning difficulties.

I think whilst the condition is common, having trouble putting pen to paper and spelling mistakes are something more personal like, being articulate.
We all know sometimes what we wanted to say, we just had trouble expressing it. Not everyone is a good speller in the same way as we are not all neat handwriters.

Personally I was the worst person at maths in my year at school, thats nothing to do with Dyslexia, I just don't or won't understand stuff like that.
I have a Ph.D but doing Algebra is nothing to do with it.

If you think you are dyslexic then get tested in a local college as stated.
Jamie

13th Dec 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Charlene2k4
My brother is dyslexic, he has bad spelling and sometimes gets frustrated because he can't write down what he wants to, he gets extra in school when doing exams aswell.

I would get checked like if your dad has it because it can be past through genes as well

My brother is exactly the same, feel sorry for him sometimes but nothing you can do but give them more space/time
Andrew

13th Dec 04 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blackula
Dyslexia can take several forms, severe cases usually incorporate other factors though and general learning difficulties.

I think whilst the condition is common, having trouble putting pen to paper and spelling mistakes are something more personal like, being articulate.
We all know sometimes what we wanted to say, we just had trouble expressing it. Not everyone is a good speller in the same way as we are not all neat handwriters.

Personally I was the worst person at maths in my year at school, thats nothing to do with Dyslexia, I just don't or won't understand stuff like that.
I have a Ph.D but doing Algebra is nothing to do with it.

If you think you are dyslexic then get tested in a local college as stated.

I've thought it for a while now. But i doubt i will get tested as i'll feel a bit of a cunt

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone on here dyslexic??? 22 database queries in 0.0131850 seconds