corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stupid rubbish car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stupid rubbish car
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
18th Dec 04 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriends Lexus is having a new wing after someone clipped it while it was parked so the insurance have arranged for a like-for-like hire car, except they had no IS200s, so they've given us a Saab 9-5.

The guy on the phone was like 'we've got you a bit of an upgrade, its a Saab 9-5 turbo' so I thought he meant it was the quick one. Its not so fast, but I can live with that.

The steering wheel is rubbish, the rack is too long, the box is clunky and the gearknob is too big. The key is in the wrong place and you can't take it out unless the car is in reverse. The car also beeps at everything, if you're low on fuel, if the door is open when the ignition is on, if you don't have a seatbelt on which I can half agree with but its damn annoying. It beeps about the seatbelt as soon as the engine is on so if you turn it on to heat the car up you get told off for not wearing a seatbelt while you're sat on your path, then you have to press the 'off' button on the climate control to turn it on, then if its too cold you can't just put it on full heat with a low blower it just says 'Hi' and blows loads of cold air at you until the engine warms up.

I've just been to the shops in it then and on the way home it starting beeping at me again 'info display' came up on the clocks, so I looked at the screen and it was like 'Wear your seatbelt' - which I was. Confused me for a minute then I realised it was telling the shopping off

Stupid over-engineered dumb thing.
Mattb

18th Dec 04 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 'night pannel' on the saabs is also a great idea
Mistamist

18th Dec 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ the shopping
Kerry

18th Dec 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to bakery in my mates audi yesterday and it was a bit like that
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 04 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you get a speedo that only reads to 90 instead of 160, you only get the full speedo back when you need it, already tested that.
Corsa E-Tec

18th Dec 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam-D

18th Dec 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awww fucking hell

i can see why saab drivers are grumpy they spend all day working getting moned at, they get it at home form kids/wife then they go for a drive and get told off by the car

[Edited on 18-12-2004 by Adam-D]
Mattb

18th Dec 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah, you get a speedo that only reads to 90 instead of 160, you only get the full speedo back when you need it, already tested that.

learn a new thing everyday
but what about the rest of the guages...
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 04 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume the others will come on if you need it to. I'm letting it run low on petrol to test my theory.
MarkW

18th Dec 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aint saabs supposed to be amazingly quick in second though - am sure the small guy on top gear reviewed one
ed

18th Dec 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

learn a new thing everyday
but what about the rest of the guages...

What a wank idea Just becuase you know how to program a chip to do stuff doesn't mean you should... Stuff like that is annoying.
Marc

18th Dec 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5
aint saabs supposed to be amazingly quick in second though - am sure the small guy on top gear reviewed one

my cars amazingly quick in second
vibrio
Banned

18th Dec 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
My girlfriends Lexus is having a new wing after someone clipped it while it was parked so the insurance have arranged for a like-for-like hire car, except they had no IS200s, so they've given us a Saab 9-5.

The guy on the phone was like 'we've got you a bit of an upgrade, its a Saab 9-5 turbo' so I thought he meant it was the quick one. Its not so fast, but I can live with that.

The steering wheel is rubbish, the rack is too long, the box is clunky and the gearknob is too big. The key is in the wrong place and you can't take it out unless the car is in reverse. The car also beeps at everything, if you're low on fuel, if the door is open when the ignition is on, if you don't have a seatbelt on which I can half agree with but its damn annoying. It beeps about the seatbelt as soon as the engine is on so if you turn it on to heat the car up you get told off for not wearing a seatbelt while you're sat on your path, then you have to press the 'off' button on the climate control to turn it on, then if its too cold you can't just put it on full heat with a low blower it just says 'Hi' and blows loads of cold air at you until the engine warms up.

I've just been to the shops in it then and on the way home it starting beeping at me again 'info display' came up on the clocks, so I looked at the screen and it was like 'Wear your seatbelt' - which I was. Confused me for a minute then I realised it was telling the shopping off

Stupid over-engineered dumb thing.

it's a vectra Ian what do you expect
vibrio
Banned

18th Dec 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by purple5

yes the areo version but the bog standard 1.8T is a bit crap
StuartVRS

18th Dec 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought they were 2.0T
vibrio
Banned

18th Dec 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you get a 9:3 with 1.8 122hp, 1.8T 150hp, 2.0T 175hp, 2.0T 210hp, 1.9DTi 120, 1.9DTi 150

on the 9:5 you get 2.0T 150hp, 2.3T 185hp, 2.3T 220hp, 2.3 HOT 250hp, 2.2 TDi 120hp, 3.0 V6 TDi 176hp

bold requires 98ron for peak performance
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 04 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the 150 I think.
ed

18th Dec 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Er, 150bhp out of a 2.0 turbo... There must be something wrong there surely?
Mattb

18th Dec 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really
Marc

18th Dec 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed

No, thats the 1.8T, half of the range run low pressure turbos also.
Nismo

18th Dec 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew

18th Dec 04 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the shopping.

Ian, you get paid too much

The C3 has that seat belt beep thing. But it only beeps once you get over 5MPH and on the drivers seat. We can't afford a Saab
CORSA NUT

18th Dec 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Audi's old computer was useless too MPG reading was always all over the place and the fuel reading was never right

My mates old Audi 100 20V Sport was good though! Used to tell you EVERYTHING about the car..bulbs out..All sensors working or not etc.. For a G reg car too

Good story though Ian
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 04 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Astra tells me if any bulbs are out, when the washer bottle is running empty and all the engine sensors, oil etc. And the range is called 'Range'. On the Saab its called 'DTE'. Distance to Empty. I know that because I had to read the manual to find out!

One thing it has got though, ETA. You tell it how many miles you're driving and it tells you when you're going to arrive. So inaccurate its funny, especially if you take the car out after her and drive faster, you can make time go backwards.
vibrio
Banned

18th Dec 04 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed

not really - low pressure unit means better mpg, better emissions and more torque

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stupid rubbish car 22 database queries in 0.0161378 seconds